Test Suite not reporting after execution

Ask general questions here.
dmalone@CTI

Test Suite not reporting after execution

Post by dmalone@CTI » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:58 pm

I have a test suite (record/playback) that I haven't used in a long time. When I run any of the tests, it completes but I don't get the success / failure tab that I am used to seeing after test execution. Its also not logging results to my results directory, on my C drive. My other test suites are still working as I expect them to in this regard so I assume that this is a test suite setting on this one test suite. I checked the Test Suite settings Report tab and the "Enable Report" checkbox is checked. I'm using Ranorex 6.1.0. Any ideas what might be the issue?

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Test Suite not reporting after execution

Post by odklizec » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:19 am

Hi,

Try to delete RanorexRecentReport.dat file, as described here:
http://www.ranorex.com/forum/fail-to-ge ... tml#p42557

Also, Ranorex 6.1. is quite old and no longer supported. Please update your existing version with 6.2.1 or most recent 7.0.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

dmalone@CTI

Post by dmalone@CTI » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:47 pm

Thanks, that helped for a time or 2 but after that, I was having to delete the RanorexRecentReports.dat file several times a day and now when I go to that directory(C:\Users\dmalone\AppData\Roaming), the file is no longer there.
Test Suite Property checkbox "Enable Report" is checked.
Ranorex Report Viewer Option checkbox "Open report after execution" is checked.
Other things I have tried: I have rebooted my system

dmalone@CTI

Post by dmalone@CTI » Tue May 09, 2017 4:37 pm

Ok, I have upgraded to Ranorex version 7.0.1 (Windows 10 64bit)and am still seeing the issue. I have a test suite (record/playback) that I use on a regular basis. When I run the tests and it fails, the failure tab is not displayed and no log file is created in the normal location (C:\Ranorex\ACP1\ACP1\Reports). Right after the upgrade, it was working correctly for a time so I have a few test artifacts in the Reports directory (.rxlog and images_... folders). What I have tried:

I checked my settings:
Options > General > Ranorex Report Viewer > Move report file to reports dir checkbox; Checked
Options > General > Ranorex Report Viewer > "Open report after execution" checkbox; Checked
Test Suite Properties > Report tab > "Enable Report" checkbox; Checked
I have tried deleting the C:\Users\dmalone\AppData\Roaming\RanorexRecentReport.dat file (4k in size). This helped with the earlier version but it doesnt appear to help with this version. The RanorexRecentReport.dat file is not recreated and no log files are added to the reports directory after a test run. I did find the log file in my C:\Ranorex\ACP1\ACP1\bin\Debug directory.

Vega

Post by Vega » Tue May 09, 2017 9:23 pm

What do your report settings look like? Are you using any custom reporting? Is the solution or the directory where it is supposed to be saving the reports located on any kind of network drive or share?

dmalone@CTI

Post by dmalone@CTI » Thu May 11, 2017 7:29 pm

My report settings for the test suite are Reports directory is C:\Ranorex\ACP1\ACP1\Reports, Reporting is enabled, I am using the standard Report template and the Report File Directory was not set to anything when I checked. That last one was strange because this was working earlier. I just now set the path back to the test suite's Reports directory and the test ran, the RanorexRecentReport.dat is recreated because I had recently deleted it (see earlier note) and the execution reports started showing up correctly. This at least gets me back to having a workaround for the issue. :D
The problem now is that the workaround normally only lasts for a short period of time and I have to delete the RanorexRecentReport.dat file again. Any ideas?

Vega

Post by Vega » Fri May 12, 2017 9:33 pm

Hmm not sure. Deleting the RanorexRecentReport.dat and it being re-created usually does the trick. Are your tests exiting properly? What I mean by this is, are you killing the test process or ending the test exe abruptly?