TestCaseNode and TestSuiteEntry documentation

Class library usage, coding and language questions.
Lex

TestCaseNode and TestSuiteEntry documentation

Post by Lex » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:19 pm

Hello,

I was wondering if by any chance there was any documentation on the TestCaseNode and TestSuiteEntry? I have checked the API documentation and have found nothing and I the comments found within the code when inspecting with Visual Studio are not very helpful.

Also if possible, does anyone have any examples on how to use these classes? My goal is to add a new module to my TestCaseNode, which all the children are TestSuiteEntrys, therefore learning to create one of these Entrys is core to my goal.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Lex

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: TestCaseNode and TestSuiteEntry documentation

Post by odklizec » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:10 am

Hi,

As far as I know, there is no other documentation than Ranorex API, available > here <. Unfortunately, even the available API documentation is pretty poor and lacks of detailed description and examples.

Anyway, as I mentioned in your other post, there is currently no publicly available way to achieve what you want. I mean, there is no way to add modules to test cases/test suite via code. Not without access to Ranorex private/undocumented API.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

Lex

Re: TestCaseNode and TestSuiteEntry documentation

Post by Lex » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:40 pm

odklizec wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:10 am
Hi,

As far as I know, there is no other documentation than Ranorex API, available > here <. Unfortunately, even the available API documentation is pretty poor and lacks of detailed description and examples.

Anyway, as I mentioned in your other post, there is currently no publicly available way to achieve what you want. I mean, there is no way to add modules to test cases/test suite via code. Not without access to Ranorex private/undocumented API.
I assumed this would be the sad answer, I was really hoping someone would have delved deeper into the APIs considering the huge companies using Ranorex.

Thanks for the reply!