Testrunner ignores runconfig

Bug reports.
aboerzel

Testrunner ignores runconfig

Post by aboerzel » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:54 pm

In my test project, I have defined two run configurations, "TestRunFull" and "TestRunSmall", both work perfectly right from the Ranorex studio. But if I start the test runner with a run configuration (eg: application.exe /runconfig:TestRunSmall), only the run configuration preset in the studio will be used, the run configuration passed as parameter will be ignored.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Testrunner ignores runconfig

Post by odklizec » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:32 pm

Hi,

I'm using run configs (from command line) on a regular basis and everything works as expected. Are you using the most recent Ranorex version (8.3.2)?
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

Stub

Re: Testrunner ignores runconfig

Post by Stub » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:57 pm

Like Pavel, we also use command-line runconfigs all the time - daily! - and they absolutely work great. FWIW we're currently using Ranorex v8.2.1 but I've been using runconfigs since, oh, v6 or v7 or so - ie going back quite some way. The only difference I can see in our command-line is that I use the short version of the parameter e.g.:

Code: Select all

/rc:TestRun
End result is something along the lines of:

Code: Select all

C:\Path\Tests.exe" /ts:"C:\Path\Tests.rxtst"  /rc:TestRun /rl:Debug /zr /zrf:"C:\Path\Tests.rxzlog"
Do you explicitly state the Test Suite to load, or is it defaulting to the lone example found in the EXE directory?