Testsuite Runner - The module could not be found

Ranorex Spy, Recorder, and Studio.
houseofcutler
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:22 pm

Testsuite Runner - The module could not be found

Post by houseofcutler » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:04 pm

Hi There,

I am using Ranorex 5.1.2

My test suite runs absolutely fine when executed using Ranorex Studio however when I try to run it using the Testsuite Runner I get an error message:
The module 'SetUp_Start_SUT_WithChecks' (with ID {19d70d0d-37a1-42c5-9e7d-312e64675d47}) could not be found.

at Ranorex.Core.Testing.TestSuiteModule.RunInternal(DataContext parentDataContext)
I have tried this on two machines - MY laptop - windows 8.1 x64 and A test server Server 2012 x64
The error message is the same for both (apart from the ID value)

I tried googling for an answer - the closest I got was a suggestion that it may have something to do with the 'Target Framework' not being the correct version - I tried experimenting with this but it made no difference.

FYI - this value is set to .net 3.5

If anyone has any ideas I would be very grateful for them - I really need to get this working so my full licence is free to use studio while another machine executes the tests using the runtime one.

Thanks

Ben

houseofcutler
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:22 pm

Re: Testsuite Runner - The module could not be found

Post by houseofcutler » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:07 am

Had a response from Ranorex Support on this one. After I supplied them with my solution files.
The problem is that you used an old *.exe file. Please just build your project once again and start the *.rxtst file from the bin/Debug folder of your solution.
My rxst file was created back in March

Right clicked on the solution, Rebuild Solution

Everything works fine now :D