The key sequence depends on the input language

Ask general questions here.
siziakov

The key sequence depends on the input language

Post by siziakov » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:26 am

In my project, I use the Key sequence action to enter the 0:05:00 character sequence. However, the result is dependent on the input language; if English is selected, it is entered correctly; if Russian is selected, the sequence turns into 0Ж05Ж00 and the component does not perceive the character 'Ж'. Because of this, I cannot complete the test. This is a serious mistake.

mayo

Re: The key sequence depends on the input language

Post by mayo » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:22 pm

Hello siziakov,

When using a key sequence action Ranorex simply simulates someone pressing those keys on the keyboard. It sounds like your application under test is converting the keyboard press when it is set to Russian. My guess is you will get the same results when typing manually as well. You can try using a set value action in place of a Key Sequence and see if it still converts it, otherwise, it sounds like something that needs to be adjusted in the application itself.

Cheers,

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: The key sequence depends on the input language

Post by odklizec » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:46 am

Hi,

I agree with Mayo. Additionally, from the description is not entirely clear, if language is set at OS level or via an AUT setting? If at OS level, then please check what kind of time separator is set in Regional Settings (in case of Russian language)...
DateTimeRegionalFormat.png
DateTimeRegionalFormat.png (165.31 KiB) Viewed 89 times
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration