The Run selected items, Run to here and Run from here options run all tests in a test suite

Bug reports.
daved8532

The Run selected items, Run to here and Run from here options run all tests in a test suite

Post by daved8532 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:56 pm

When I select either Run selected items, Run to here and Run from here, Ranorex runs all items instead of the selected items that should be run. What could be the cause of this problem? I appreciate any help.

qwertzu

Re: The Run selected items, Run to here and Run from here options run all tests in a test suite

Post by qwertzu » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:56 am

Hi,
What Ranorex Version are you using? Do you see this behavior in multiple solutions (e.g. also in a new solution?)
Are your solutions placed on a local drive?
regards, qwertzu

daved8532

Re: The Run selected items, Run to here and Run from here options run all tests in a test suite

Post by daved8532 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:50 am

I'm using ranorex 8.2.0. When I try to build my solution, I get build failed message:

Build started.
Build failed. (00:00:01.2181165)

My build this solution without any issues. I run the solution from a local drive. All these options worked properly in ranorex 7

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:08 pm

Hi,

In case of build errors, the errors should be listed under Errors tab, have you checked them? Are you sure you have all prerequisites installed (required .Net version and VC libs)? Ranorex 8.x requires .NET Framework 4.5.2!
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration