We have a couple of floating runtime licenses and have Ranorex installed on a couple of Remote Desktop Machines to allow our test group to run tests while still using their local machines for other tasks. Currently we have to set up each tester on each remote machine and they have to know how to use the Test Suite Runner (for example, when to change the drop down, when to check/uncheck tests, etc). This has the disadvantage that if one tester changes a test suite's makeup incorrectly, it will remain in the bad state for other testers until a new version of the tests are deployed or it is manually fixed.
We'd like to streamline the way we run tests on remote machines. Are there any tools or plugins that work with Ranorex that would allow the tester to:
- - Pick which tests to run
- Choose parameters for the tests (e.g. which environment(s) to test)
- Check remote machine availability & assign tests to remote machines (first come first serve)
- As tests complete, assign next tests to the available machine
- Show test progress to the tester
- Report test results upon completion or as tests are completed (or point the user to the results)
(I've read through the 'Integrate Ranorex into Any Continuous Integration Process' blog posts and, perhaps there is something there, but I can't tell if any of the tools would support just manually launching tests without the building & deploying that seems to be the CI tool's primary purpose).
Thanks and info would be appreciated.