Track does not work when using dual monitors

Ask general questions here.
AviatorFly

Track does not work when using dual monitors

Post by AviatorFly » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:20 pm

Hi all,

I have dual external monitors attached to my laptop. The first monitor is a duplicate of the laptop screen while the second monitor is a extend desktop to this display.

I have windows 10 Enterprise

When I click on the track button in the repository and I drag the cursor to the second monitor, the cursor goes back to the first monitor so I cannot track anything that shows on the second monitor. This is so annoying so I was wondering if there is a fix for this.

Sometimes when that happens, I am presented with a message that says:
Ranorex technology limitation
Limitation ID: IEAddon
Technology Internet Explorer
Process ID 21616
It seems the ranorex addon for internet explorer isn't installed. This makes object recognition significantly slower. Install the addon by running the Ranorex Studio setup again and only select the addon...
See attached screenshot.

I attempted to do that but I am unable to unselect all of the other options during the installation.
Attachments
Ranorex1.JPG
Ranorex1.JPG (33.11 KiB) Viewed 148 times

AviatorFly

Re: Track does not work when using dual monitors

Post by AviatorFly » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:28 pm

Also after checking the add ons in IE (see attached screenshot)
Attachments
Ranorex2.JPG
Ranorex2.JPG (90.8 KiB) Viewed 145 times

RobinHood42

Post by RobinHood42 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:57 am

Hello AviatorFly,
Sometimes when that happens,
So, you do not always face this issue? To be able to suggest anything useful, it would be required that the issue is reproducible. Please try to narrow down the issue and check what is actually causing it. Then provide that information if you're not able to resolve it on your own.

Cheers,
Robin

AviatorFly

Post by AviatorFly » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:50 pm

I am always unable to move my mouse cursor to the second screen however the popup error message does not always appear.

RobinHood42

Post by RobinHood42 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:44 am

Hi,

Did you already try to change your monitor settings, e.g., to extend and not to duplicate your laptop screen? Also, please ensure that all screens have there DPI set to 100%: DPI

Cheers,
Robin

AviatorFly

Post by AviatorFly » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:21 pm

Yes I tried setting the monitors to extend and not duplicate and I also set them all to 100% scaling and I still have the issue. I do not know what else to try. I cannot track UI elements and I cannot record since the mouse cursor gets stuck in the upper left corner of one of my screens. When I escape from Ranorex my mouse cursor gets freed from the upper left corner.

Any other advice?

Thanks