Trial Version

Ask general questions here.
shruthi

Trial Version

Post by shruthi » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:46 am

I installed Trail version 5 days back. Now due to some reasons i changed my system Date to next month end. (For testing purpose). Now i am getting Ranorex Trail version expired!!! even after setting date back to current date. I don't want to re install as i have my work in current one. Please help me in this regard! :cry:

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Trial Version

Post by Support Team » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:49 pm

Hi shruthi,

In order to get a new trial license, please contact our Sales Team ([email protected]).

Please avoid changing the system time in the trial period, because this will cause Ranorex to invalidate your trial period.

Regards,
Markus (S)

krstcs

Post by krstcs » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:06 pm

Markus,

This brings up some questions.

At our company we have ways around this because our eCommerce system has this functionality built in on the server side, but many companies/applications do not have this ability.

How do we handle the need to test changing system times with Ranorex?

Does the Floating License server handle this? Is the license time for floating licenses based on the server time or on the local system time?
Shortcuts usually aren't...

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:39 am

krstcs wrote:How do we handle the need to test changing system times with Ranorex?
If you already own a Ranorex license, you won't have a problem. All Ranorex licenses are perpetual, so changing the system time does not invalidate licenses.

The problem stated in this forum thread specifically addresses the 30-day trial period. If you change the system time, Ranorex will interpret this as an attempt to bypass the trial period.

Regards,
Alex
Ranorex Team

krstcs

Post by krstcs » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:54 pm

Ah, yes. I forgot about that. Thanks Alex!
Shortcuts usually aren't...

shruthi

Post by shruthi » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:59 am

Thanks Markus and Alex!