Trouble with invoke action

Ask general questions here.
mathias

Trouble with invoke action

Post by mathias » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:27 am

Dear Ranorex Team,

I have some trouble with the invoke action.

From time to time I get following error message, if I want to use the invoke action, but I don´t know what the exactly meaning of this message is.

If I used mouse action for press a button, I wouldn´t have a problem.

Is it possible to change the responsetime? I found a statement from Ranorex (January 11) that is possible in future versions...

Todor

Re: Trouble with invoke action

Post by Todor » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:52 am

Hi mathias,

Can you send the code, that is causing this problem?

with kind regards

mathias

Post by mathias » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:22 am

Code: Select all

Report.Log(ReportLevel.Info, "Invoke Action", "Invoking Press( ) on item 'ETAT.Test2_1.Speichern.ButtonSpeichern'.", repo.ETAT.Test2_1.Speichern.ButtonSpeichernInfo, new RecordItemIndex(13));
repo.ETAT.Test2_1.Speichern.ButtonSpeichern.Press();
Delay.Milliseconds(0);
thanks for your help!

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:46 am

Hi,

Please could you try the press action with Spy? Therefore just open the Spy, track the element, then right click on the element in the tree, and in the context menu click on the "Press" action.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

mathias

Post by mathias » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:18 am

Support Team wrote:Hi,

Please could you try the press action with Spy? Therefor just open the Spy track the element, and use the context to use the press action.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team
I added the whole elements with using the Spy track for my tests. What did you mean with "and use the context to use the press action"?

I draged the element "button" from the spy into my repository and connected it with invoke action.

Thanks for help.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:20 am

mathias wrote:I added the whole elements with using the Spy track for my tests. What did you mean with "and use the context to use the press action"?
If you track your element with Spy, on the left pane you will see the tree with your elements. In this tree you select your element, where you want to perform the press action. You select your element with the left mouse button, just click on it. If you have done this, you can right-click this element and a context menu will be shown. Now you should see a context menu with an entry named "Press". Please try this. This action executes the same as your code and please tell me if this is working.

Thanks and regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

mathias

Post by mathias » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:46 am

Thanks for your very good instruction. Now I get it :)

Sometime it works with the press action and sometimes not.
Now my solution is, to use the normal mouse click action. It works. I dunno why...

My last question: Is it possible to change the responsetime? See in my first post.

Thanks for your great help.

Todor

Post by Todor » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:45 am

Are you using a recording? If you do so here is a link for the customizing the timeout:
http://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gui ... html#c2013

Otherwise look in your code, maybee you have defined the Searchtimeout-time somewhere.
Normally you have a Searchtimeout of one or one and a half minutes so you must have changed it somewhere before.