Trouble with the Flash/Flex Instrumentation Preloader

Bug reports.
kpeters

Trouble with the Flash/Flex Instrumentation Preloader

Post by kpeters » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:58 pm

I've installed Ranorex version 3.2.1 on a Windows XP 64 bit system. After installing, I go
through the Instrumentation wizard and choose the following:
* Adobe Flash/Flex
* Install Flash Debug Player for Internet Explorer
The wizard finishes, and states that it was succesfull.
When I record a script, the flash/flex objects are not recognized.

I've tried this on multiple systems with the same Operating System, and after installing, going through the Instrumentation wizard, it still doesn't recognize the flash/flex objects.

We do have a licensed version, and this works fine on a Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard operating system. It's a virtual system. But, before we can buy additional licenses, I need to know if we can use this tool on desktop systems as well, and not just all virtual systems.

In working with someone in Support in the past we did the following:
* I have a debug version of the software - I put this on
* we still have the same problem where the instrumentation loader doesn't recognize the objects.
* even after doing this the "debugger" menu option in the browser is not enabled. It seems like the IE debugger is not getting installed??

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Trouble with the Flash/Flex Instrumentation Preloader

Post by Support Team » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:27 pm

Hi,

Are you able to track items on another flash/flex site instead of yours? Did you try this yet? Would it be possible to post us the FlashLog.txt of macromedia? This file is nested under following folder
%AppData%\Macromedia\Flash Player\Logs
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

kpeters

Post by kpeters » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:33 pm

I tried the sample Flash/Flex examples and the spy does recognize objects with this URL: http://www.ranorex.com/web-testing-exam ... ample.html

In this folder: %AppData%\Macromedia\Flash Player\Logs - I don't have a Logs directory or a flashlog.txt file. There are 4 folders: #Security, #SharedObjects, macromedia.com, www.macromedia.com

I did go back through the instrumentation wizard and made sure that I enabled the trace log, but still this file doesn't exist.

Thank you,
Kellie

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:57 pm

Hi,
kpeters wrote:I did go back through the instrumentation wizard and made sure that I enabled the trace log, but still this file doesn't exist.
Please try the following site http://www.adobe.com/devnet-apps/flex/tourdeflex/web/ , because the page you posted is already instrumented and will work always, even if the preloader is not enabled.
Which browser do you use to automate your flex application? If you have enabled the preoloader and if you have checked the "Create log file" setting then there should be a logfile.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

kpeters

Post by kpeters » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:45 pm

Hi,
In the Flex 3 and Flex 4 sections none of the objects are recognized. They are shown as Picture 'Graphic'.
In Flex 4.5 under the Flex Hero Samples it does recognize the objects on the "Hero DataGrid" and "Hero DataPaging".
Our application runs in only Internet Explorer 7 and above.
I went through the wizard again, and enabled the tracing. This log folder doesn''t exist: %AppData%\Macromedia\Flash Player\Logs.
I also searched the c:\ drive for the flashlog.txt file and it's not there.

Thanks,
Kellie

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:30 pm

Hi,
kpeters wrote:I went through the wizard again, and enabled the tracing. This log folder doesn''t exist: %AppData%\Macromedia\Flash Player\Logs.
I also searched the c:\ drive for the flashlog.txt file and it's not there.
I think we should setup a meeting to take a look on your computer to narrow down the issue. Therefore please send a mail to [email protected] to schedule a meeting with our support Team. As a reference please add this forum post to your mail.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team