Troubles with .NET WinForms:Microsoft Dynamic AX application

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
Snehashis

Troubles with .NET WinForms:Microsoft Dynamic AX application

Post by Snehashis » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:36 am

Hi Support Team,

Myself Snehashis working in an IT company and currently working on Microsoft Dynamic AX automation for one of our clients.

As a part of the RFP, we have successfully installed and recorded a sample script on AX.

But, we were unable to playback the same which has become the show stopper for us.

Please find the details as below:

During play back of the recorded scripts, we were getting the below error:

""Failed to load the assemblies containing the definition of this control. UI element identification capabilities for this control are limited. Failed assemblies:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics AX\60\Client\Bin\Microsoft.Dynamics.Kernel.Client.dll""

We have gone through Ranorex troubleshooting guidelines and tried the options given there but we are unable to fix the issues.

Below the OS version and Ranorex version details that we are using:

Windows OS version: Win7 Professional
Ranorex version: 6.0.1
Compiling Output Target Framework: .NET Framework 4.0
Compiling Target CPU: 32-bit Intel-compatible processor
Compiling File Alignment: 4096
Compiling DLL Base Addr: 0x400000

It would be great if you can help us out asap.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Thanks & Regards,
Snehashis Mukherjee, India

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Troubles with .NET WinForms:Microsoft Dynamic AX application

Post by Support Team » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:46 am

Hello Snehashis,

Welcome to Ranorex!

First of all, I would highly recommend using our latest version, currently Ranorex 6.1.1.

After updating, please make sure that the test is executed with elevated privileges (run as administrator). Also, ensure that the file"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics AX\60\Client\Bin\Microsoft.Dynamics.Kernel.Client.dll" exists and can be accessed.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Robert

Snehashis

Post by Snehashis » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:38 pm

Hi Robert,

Sorry for replying late.

I have upgraded the ranorex version to 6.1.1 and tried to execute the recorded scripts but getting the same error.

""Failed to load the assemblies containing the definition of this control. UI element identification capabilities for this control are limited. Failed assemblies:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics AX\60\Client\Bin\Microsoft.Dynamics.Kernel.Client.dll""

I have checked the above mentioned path and that is accessible.

I have the access of the AUT (AX application) and ranorex folder where it is installed. I have executed the recorded scripts from ranorex studio but am not sure whether it has been executed with administrator privileges or not. Can you please let me know how can I know whether I am executing this with administrator privileges or not?

I have attached one document containing the application screenshot and code snippet of the recorded scripts that I am using. Hope this will help you to understand the issue.

Let me know if you required anything further.

Thanks and Regards,
Snehashis
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:53 pm

Hello Snehashis,

Thank you for getting back to me.

May I ask you to write an email to [email protected]? We would like to handle this issue via email.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Robert