Turbo Mode

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
rawatankit6

Turbo Mode

Post by rawatankit6 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:38 pm

How Ranorex Turbo mode speed up the execution? Some times I encountered issues with Turbo mode, the issues are mainly with reporting and moving to the object location before it even exists. I couldn't reproduce the issues but I need a clarification on this why sometimes reporting actions are missed in log while using Turbo mode?

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Turbo Mode

Post by odklizec » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:07 pm

Hi,

Turbo mode simply skip all delays between the executed actions, except the manually added Delay actions. For example, let's say you record cliks on two buttons. Now the time (delay) between both clicks (caused by mouse move, user's hesitation, etc.) is completely skipped. Unfortunately, skipping all delays may cause some problems and it may be required to manually add Delay action at certain places in recordings. But I'm afraid, there is no general rule as to when or where to put such delays.

If you experiencing some issues, try to add delay, or even better, make your recorded actions to wait untill the an element appears or disappears. Execution of action before or after the appearance/disappearance of an element may be the most common cause of problems in turbo mode.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

krstcs

Post by krstcs » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:33 pm

If you are experiencing issues using Turbo Mode, I would suggest not using it.

It does not speed up the test enough to be worth using in my experience, and you run the risk of having timing issues such as the one you are having now.

Automation is not about speed, it is about consistency. Speed is a nice by-product.

Don't try to speed up the tests unless you are sure there will be no side-effects.
Shortcuts usually aren't...

rawatankit6

Post by rawatankit6 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:46 pm

Thanks krstcs for your help :)