Two problems, one is not the object recognition, the other i

Best practices, code snippets for common functionality, examples, and guidelines.
IAF

Two problems, one is not the object recognition, the other i

Post by IAF » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:22 am

my friends:
I have two questions need your help!
The first question:
the client software can't a lot of object recognition, especially there are many objects in the drop-down box!
The second question:
know the path of an object (/ form / @ processname = 'EXCEL'] / / table [@ name = 'Sheet1'] / row [@ index = '4'] / cell [@ address = 'C4']).
know the object repo. MyExcel. CellC4, I can use getvalue to obtain its attribute value of the text.
H = repo. MyExcel. CellC4. Element. GetAttributeValueText (" Text ")
Now I only know its path, there is no object, how to according to the path (/ form / @ processname = 'EXCEL'] / / table [@ name = 'Sheet1'] / row [@ index = '4'] / cell / @ address = 'C4') to get the address of the attribute value of the "text".
Thanks!!

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Two problems, one is not the object recognition, the other i

Post by odklizec » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:47 am

Hi,

Please post a Ranorex snapshot (not screenshot!) of the problematic combo box, in which Ranorex cannot identify its elements.

Unfortunately, I'm not quite sure about your second question. Could you please rephrase (maybe with some screenshots), what exactly you want to achieve? Also in this case, please post a Ranorex snapshot of the problematic element(s).

Without Ranroex snapshot and/or working app sample, it's almost impossible to provide a reasonable and reliable answers.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration