UI-Element within root folder not found by structure

Bug reports.
reiniuny

UI-Element within root folder not found by structure

Post by reiniuny » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:10 pm

I've experienced the problem, that an item from the repository is not found during executing my test suite.

The item is structured in many root-Folders (for which i disabled caching). If I highlight the element by Ranorex Studio it is found instantly and highlighted correctly. If I then run my test suite, I get the following warning:
Item 'XXX' could be found using its absolute path, but not by using the repository structure. Please make sure that all of its parent folders have unique paths.
I then tried to copy the full path for the item and create a new one on root level of the repository (currently the item is within 4 folders, so on level 5) it is found during test suite execution instantly too.

So it seems to be a ranorex bug as the xpath for both items is exactly the same.

Can I provide some logs for you to trace the problem?

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: UI-Element within root folder not found by structure

Post by Support Team » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:52 pm

Hello,

It seems that the RanoreXPath for the folder of the item is not unique. Please read the post "How do I fix this error" in order to get more information why this error message appears.
Please let me know if you need more help or assistance.
Thank you!

Regards,
Bernhard

reiniuny

Post by reiniuny » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:33 am

Thanks for your answer, I'v solved the problem now as the path to the root folder was not unique.

Could you give me the status of the feature which is mentioned in the linked request (use absolute path in root folder)?

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:00 pm

Hello,

With this feature the "Folder Caching" is meant.
You can also set the 'Use Cache' property for the folder in your repository to 'False'.
Please take a look at the following sections in our user guide.
Repository Troubleshooting - Folder Caching
Repository Item Properties

Regards,
Bernhard