UIAutomation Invoke, Toggle, RangeValue, and Value patterns

Ask general questions here.
tallahassee101

UIAutomation Invoke, Toggle, RangeValue, and Value patterns

Post by tallahassee101 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:48 pm

The release notes for 3.01 state:
Provided additional support for UIAutomation Invoke, Toggle, RangeValue, and Value patterns

Could you please explain where these tools are? They sound very useful and a search of the website only brings up the release notes. I'd like to know if I can have a RangeValue variable ( ie. 0-99 )?

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: UIAutomation Invoke, Toggle, RangeValue, and Value patterns

Post by Support Team » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:08 pm

I think you misunderstood that release note slightly. UIAutomation patterns are interfaces a WPF control can implement to provide information to and allow interaction with automation software like Ranorex.

With V3.0.1 we added better support for the mentioned patterns, e.g. if a WPF control supports the Value pattern, the corresponding Ranorex elements now also has a UIAutomationValue capability providing access to the "Value" attribute.

Regards,
Alex
Ranorex Team

tallahassee101

Post by tallahassee101 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:28 pm

Thank you for the explanation. Please consider this a feature request, as this would prove incredibly useful to our test team. We could desperately use a way to set a random ranged value on a variable, in other words using the GUI to "Set Value" and then be able to enter a range in the value column. We have large amounts of user code doing this as there is no way to do this through the GUI.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:17 am

Hi,

I added this topic as a feature request to our internal bug tracking system.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team