Unable to check items in a multiple select combo box

Ask general questions here.
craig.hoy

Unable to check items in a multiple select combo box

Post by craig.hoy » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:26 am

To Whom It May Concern
I am trying to get Ranorex to check items in a multiple select combo box (drop down) on a Windows Form (.NET Framework). I have tried numerous alternatives without any luck. In the attached screenshot AlTotal, Battery, CoTotal, Area, Beryillum CPMS and CastingDiameter are the combo box items. I have tried checking AlTotal, Battery and CoTotal using the Spy tool and kept the other items as per the recorded defaults. I am wondering what I am doing wrong as I have tried @accessiblename, @controlname and @text properties and none of these have worked. Could someone please point me in the right direction?

yours sincerely

Craig Hoy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Unable to check items in a multiple select combo box

Post by odklizec » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:47 am

Hi,

At first, please upload a Ranorex snapshot of the combo in question. Screenshot is unfortunately useless for element evaluation. At next, what exactly is your problem? Ranorex is not able to select/check the element(s) or what? Please show us also the recording/code module you are using (screenshot should be fine this time). Thanks.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration