Unable to identify object though it is clearly visible

Ask general questions here.
alpesh.dhakad

Unable to identify object though it is clearly visible

Post by alpesh.dhakad » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:42 am

Hi,
We are not able to identify objects which seems to be clearly visible on the desktop application.
We have 2 buttons , Plus(+) symbol and Cross(X) symbol but both are not identified via Spy. Earlier, we use to click using its co-ordinates but as execution was in different machines so it is not recognizable. Please help on it so that we could proceed further.

So, could you please check and let me know what can be done to make it visible ?
Please refer attached snapshots and screenshot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Unable to identify object though it is clearly visible

Post by odklizec » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:08 pm

Hi,

At first, both snapshots indicate that you are using an old and no longer supported Ranorex 8.3.1. Please try to reproduce your problem with most recent 9.1.1. It makes no sense to debug such kind of issue with an obsolete version. There were done several wpf-related fixes and improvements since 8.3.1.

If the problem still persists in 9.1.1, then please make sure you have tried all WPF modes...
WPF_modes.png
And if neither helps, check is if the objects are identifiable with MS Inspect tool. If they are recognizable by MS Inspect tool, then it's something that should be checked (and probably fixed) by Ranorex folks. If they are not, then you are probably out of luck and your only hope is GDI capture approach or image-based automation. Simply put, the elements are implemented with no accessibility in mind and therefore Ranorex cannot identify them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

alpesh.dhakad

Post by alpesh.dhakad » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:40 pm

Thanks. I tried it in last month but facing issue with 9.1 version.
I am facing issue in Object Identification in Ranorex upgrade 8.3 to 9.1 version.
I am getting below error while executing the test. So, I have below solutions but issue still exist. Could you please help on this ?

Error :
Something is limiting object recognition for WinForms. Missing privileges are a common cause of this. Try starting all Ranorex tools and the AUT with the same privileges, preferably as an administrator.
Process: 'ProfileConsys' (pid 11324)
The following website provides more information on this technology limitation:
https://www.ranorex.com/help/v9.1/inter ... etWinForms
(This message is only shown once per report.)

I have checked the following (Our application is desktop with .NET WPF) :
1) Done - Restart all Ranorex tools and the AUT with the same privileges, preferably as an administrator.
2) Done - Switch to the native WPF plugin in Ranorex Studio under Settings > Plugins > WPF > WPF Legacy/UIA interaction > WpfImprovedOnly.
3) Also, in Project.csproj file I have changed version from 8.3 to 9.1

Someone, asked to give privileges via Task Scheduler. Is there any other option ?

Why every-time issue is with upgrade ?

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:13 pm

Hi,

I can't comment why you are experiencing such issues. I'm not experiencing such problems, but my AUTs are mostly web-based ;) The things is, that each new version of Ranorex brings many improvements and fixes, but there are sometimes introduced also some breaking changes (mainly between major versions) and sadly to say, also bugs. Anyway, I think the problem lies in DevExpress-based controls, which are often a cause of many problems. Just search this forum for DevExpress-related topics ;)

Have you tried to add your AUT to the whitelist? And I think you already tried this, but just in case, try to run Ranorex Studio as administrator.

If nothing helps, then the best you can probably do is to contact directly Ranorex support, via support form available here:
https://www.ranorex.com/support-query/
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

Hanell

Post by Hanell » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:21 pm

odklizec wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:08 pm
Hi,

At first, both snapshots indicate that you are using an old and no longer supported Ranorex 8.3.1. Please try to reproduce your problem with most recent 9.1.1. It makes no sense to debug such kind of issue with an obsolete version. There were done several wpf-related fixes and improvements since 8.3.1.

If the problem still persists in 9.1.1, then please make sure you have tried all WPF modes...
WPF_modes.png

And if neither helps, check is if the objects are identifiable with MS Inspect tool. If they are recognizable showbox by MS Inspect tool, then it's something that should be checked (and probably fixed) by Ranorex folks. If they are not, then you are probably out of luck and your only hope is GDI capture approach or image-based automation. Simply put, the elements are implemented with no accessibility in mind and therefore Ranorex cannot identify them.
Thanks! I have been looking for a solution to this problem for some time :)

sammyjason1

Post by sammyjason1 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:06 am

odklizec wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:08 pm
Hi,

WPF_modes.png

And if neither helps, check is if the objects are identifiable with MS Inspect tool. If they are recognizable by MS Inspect tool, then it's something that should be checked (and probably fixed) by Ranorex folks. If they are not, then you are probably out of luck and your only hope is GDI capture approach or image-based automation. Simply put, the elements are implemented with no accessibility in mind and therefore Ranorex cannot identify them.
Super. Thanks you very much odklizec