Unable to instrument Xamarin.iOS app

Ask general questions here.
r1v3n

Unable to instrument Xamarin.iOS app

Post by r1v3n » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:19 am

I am trying to instrument a Xamarin.iOS app (Visual Studio 2019 for Mac) but I am unable to link the Rx automation static lib. However, some symbols are not defined. Here is the cmd i am using.

Additional mtouch arguments:
--gcc_flags="-force_load ${ProjectDir}/libRxAutomationUni_304.a -framework CFNetwork -ObjC -all_load"

Example:
MTOUCH: Error MT5210: Native linking failed, undefined symbol: _IOHIDEventAppendEvent. Please verify that all the necessary frameworks have been referenced and native libraries are properly linked in. (MT5210)

r1v3n

Re: Unable to instrument Xamarin.iOS app

Post by r1v3n » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:52 pm

I was able to build it correctly, I was missing the -framework IOKit reference. However, now I am getting the following issue when publishing to Test Flight:

ITMS-90338: Non-public API usage - The app references non-public symbols in **: _IOHIDEventAppendEvent, _IOHIDEventCreateDigitizerEvent, _IOHIDEventCreateDigitizerFingerEventWithQuality, _IOHIDEventSetIntegerValue. If method names in your source code match the private Apple APIs listed above, altering your method names will help prevent this app from being flagged in future submissions. In addition, note that one or more of the above APIs may be located in a static library that was included with your app. If so, they must be removed. For further information, visit the Technical Support Information at http://developer.apple.com/support/technical/