Unable to read dynamic property values of a Window

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
anilkumar.gutha

Unable to read dynamic property values of a Window

Post by anilkumar.gutha » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:55 pm

I am automating for a Desktop application. The application has a hidden window which will appear on clicking left menu items. We can pin and unpin it.
When I spy it shows general attributes and dynamic attributes like caption, margin, height etc. Some dynamic properties has again child properties.
Like Pane has Panes. Panes has sub level DockablePane[0]. And its sub level is Text="<Title of the window>".

var WindowDocArea = repo.Portal.PortalFillPanel.WindowDockingArea.Element.DynamicCapability;

Using this command in Debug mode showing me the list of properties but not values. Also I can't access the sub level property values. I am attaching screenshot.

My aim is to read the Text attribute value of Pane's sub level. Based on that value I will decide the next action.

How to read these values? How to get access to sub level attributes? Please help.

Thanks.
ranorex_1.png

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Unable to read dynamic property values of a Window

Post by odklizec » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:26 am

Hi,

Please upload a Ranorex snapshot (not screenshot!) of the element in question. Without (at very least) snapshot, there is not much anyone here can do. You see, we need to see and understand the GUI you are trying to automate.

BTW, have you tried to access the dynamic properties with Spy? If you can see them in Spy, you should be able to obtain them via code. If they are not available in Spy either, then you may be out of luck and your only hope might be fiddling with Ranorex settings (e.g using different WPF processing).
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

anilkumar.gutha

Post by anilkumar.gutha » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:46 pm

Hello Odklizex,

I tried to capture the snapshot but I couldn't avoid some sensitive data so that is not possible.
I even unchecked the property in the settings 'Let snapshot contain complete ancestor subtree'. Snapshot is capturing all the sub tree of my element and images which I cant control it. Is there a way snapshot stop taking images and restrict it to capture only up to my level of element?

At least can you give me suggestions (method names or the way to access dynamic properties of an element etc) on how to access there dynamic properties through code. I can see these dynamic properties with spy. But I am not sure which methods/ to access them through code.
Any method names or the explanation on how to access these properties is also useful.

I am attaching some screenshots, plz let me know what you can do with that.

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:56 am

Hi,

I'm sorry, but without (at very least) snapshot, there is nothing anyone here can do for you. But even with snapshot, it may be impossible to suggest something reliable. Check for example these posts about accessing dynamic properties from code:
https://www.ranorex.com/forum/accessing ... tml#p44581
https://www.ranorex.com/forum/how-to-re ... tml#p45235
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration