Unable to read Table data from the form

Ask general questions here.
ninaddande

Unable to read Table data from the form

Post by ninaddande » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:19 am

Hi Team,

I am working on a desktop application called Symphony which is used in pharmacy. In that I want to track table elements which I am not able to track as when I try to spy it using track it captures form which contains table inside the form. However in that form I am not able to see any entry for table. Attached are the images one is of Ranorex spy after identifying form element and other one is of Application where we see the table. Could you please guide me how to fetch the values from the table using ranorex identification methods available.

Also the tabs which are named as Rx Requests (0) and Active & History Rx(11) are not available in the browser & results table of ranorex spy.

Regards,
Ninad
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ninaddande on Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Unable to read Table data from the form

Post by odklizec » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:23 am

Hi,

Please post a Ranorex snapshot (not screenshot) of the problematic table. Unfortunately, without, at very least, snapshot, there is not much anyone here can do or suggest.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

ninaddande

Post by ninaddande » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:55 pm

Hi,

Please find attached ranorex snapshot for your reference. I am working on windows 7 with Ranorex 6.2.1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vega

Post by Vega » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:33 pm

Would you happen to know what technology this grid/form are built on? It appears to be a legacy application, perhaps VB and thus may lack the needed accessibility. You can try using the raw text option by opening Spy --> Right-click your application and or grid in Spy --> Add process name/class to GDI capture list:

https://www.ranorex.com/help/latest/tec ... plications

If you want to see if accessibility is the issue, you can try looking at your application using Microsoft's inspect tool. If Inspect also doesn't see the cells, then it is likely that accessibility is the issue.

I hope this helps!

ninaddande

Post by ninaddande » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:58 pm

Hi Vega,

Thanks for the help. After adding process name to GDI capture list then I can see raw text fields for Columns of the mentioned table but it does not display any grid item or text for cells from the table. I tried with Inspect.exe as well it just shows pane object and it also does not give any details about table or grid items.

Vega

Post by Vega » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:31 pm

Yeah, this is why automating legacy applications can be difficult as accessibility just seems lacking in many cases. Are you able to upload a snapshot of the application with GDI enabled?