Unable to recognize application WPF objects on different m/c

Bug reports.
kaushik_mani

Unable to recognize application WPF objects on different m/c

Post by kaushik_mani » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:53 pm

Hi,
We have an application built in .net framework with WPF/DevExpress components and we are using Ranorex for automation and it looks good so far however we have one issue which pops up every now and then. In one windows 7 m/c the scripts works fine to recognize all the objects however the same script does not work when we use different windows 7 system. I don't see any difference in system configuration between both but unable to figure out why the same script fails in one m/c saying could not find the specified object as if it does not recognize any objects that it recognizes in other system.

I am attaching the snapshot of the application which I took it from both m/c. Can you please help me to figure why the same script is failing in one system?

Regards,
Kaushik
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Unable to recognize application WPF objects on different m/c

Post by Support Team » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:24 pm

Hi Kaushik,

May I ask you why you are using the older UIAutomation plugin and not the native Ranorex WPF plugin?

There is a big difference in the two snapshots, in the not working one are just a few elements identified.
Since you are currently using UIA, may I ask you to double check with Microsoft Inspect (set to UI Automation), if Inspect is able to identify all the elements on the "not working machine" or if it identifies the same elements as Ranorex does?

Beside that, is your application started from the same directory on both machines, or is an antivirus or firewall software installed?

Thanks,
Markus