Unable to run scheduled ranorex web tests through Azure pipeline

Ask general questions here.
kpatel

Unable to run scheduled ranorex web tests through Azure pipeline

Post by kpatel » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:44 am

Hey Team,
I have set up Azure pipeline for ranorex based web solutions and I am running it through Azure DevOps agent in VM as suggested here: https://www.ranorex.com/help/latest/int ... roduction/
All the solutions are running successfully if I MANUALLY run my pipeline from Azure then automatically Azure agent run all those solutions in VM anytime as I am using your file KeepSessionOpen.bat file.
But now I want to run my pipeline on specific day and time means based on schedule.
So, I set triggers in azure for specific day and time and for some builds also to run my pipeline automatically without manual run.
But all scheduled run pipeline always gets failed and it is not able to run any tests but If that same pipeline I am running manually then all tests gets passed. And It is showing error :
][Warn ][Win32]: An EnsureVisible action couldn't be executed because Windows did not allow bringing the window containing the targeted UI element into the foreground. This is likely caused by insufficient privileges. Restart Ranorex Studio as administrator or use the Ranorex.UiaLauncher to start the test executable.
https://www.ranorex.com/help/v9.3/inter ... eshooting/
-------------------------------------------------
][Warn ][Win32]: Ranorex can’t identify UI elements in the automated process because of insufficient privileges. Start both with the same privileges, preferably as an administrator.
Process: 'Ranorex.TestExecMonitor' (pid 13984)
--------------------------------------------
So, I searched for these errors in Ranorex forums and I found some solutions that I need to run my Azure DevOps agent as an administrator but it couldn't helped me and I am still not able to execute my scheduled tests yet in VM.

Please reach back to me as soon as possible!
And I already created one more ticket (Case-00881912) for other issue but you haven't replied back yet! We have two floating licenses installed. Please provide us support for this above mentioned ticket and for this question too!
Connect First Credit Union Team,
Calgary, Alberta , Canada.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Unable to run scheduled ranorex web tests through Azure pipeline

Post by odklizec » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:14 am

Hi there,

Have you received any response from the support team yet? If not, I may try to push your case.

I've recently switched two projects from Jenkins to Azure pipeline and everything seems work as expected. However, the Azure agents are running on VMs, which are always started and logged in. Are you sure the VM you are using is started and logged in? I mean, are you sure the VM is not locked after certain amount of time? I'm using LogonExpert for that purpose.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration