Unable to see list item elements in ranorex 7.0

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
Andrew Simpson

Unable to see list item elements in ranorex 7.0

Post by Andrew Simpson » Tue May 09, 2017 4:51 pm

Hi,

I have recently upgraded to ranorex 7, I have noticed that with the new wpf functionality(wpfimprovedonly) turned on it appears to be excluding the list items for the drop downs making them impossible to select.

In its place there is a text item that just shows whatever item on the dropdown it selected, I have tried setting this value as the drop down item I require but does not affect the aut in the way I want it to.

Ive attached a snapshot and screen shot of the area in question

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Andrew Simpson

Re: Unable to see list item elements in ranorex 7.0

Post by Andrew Simpson » Tue May 09, 2017 5:18 pm

Ive actually solved this but thought I would add what ive learned for anyone else

Although Spy does not appear to see the list items if you add in a generic list item top the repository it will find it on the dropdown

So in the repository select add new item then its path as listitem[@text='text you need to select']

Might not be the same for everyone but solved it for me :)

Andrew Simpson

Post by Andrew Simpson » Wed May 10, 2017 12:00 pm

Although I still think this is an issue with ranorex 7.0, can someone lert me know whether this issue needs to be logged

Thanks

krstcs

Post by krstcs » Wed May 10, 2017 2:47 pm

Have you tried using F12 while tracking? This temporarily suspends tracking so you can click on the drop-down and open the list. Then when you release F12 Ranorex should be able to track the list directly.
Shortcuts usually aren't...

Andrew Simpson

Post by Andrew Simpson » Wed May 10, 2017 4:04 pm

Yeah I have, this worked for some list items but not for most of them, when you pause spy to open the table it just wont highlight any item on the drop down as it does with the drop downs that work as expected.

Seems to work more often than not, in fairness is may well be the way the aut is designed

Thanks