Unable to spy any Objects

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
thangavel

Unable to spy any Objects

Post by thangavel » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:39 pm

Hi,
We have Ranorex 2.1.4 installed in our Client Machine. I'm unable to spy any objects.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open Ranorex SPY
2. Open Internet Explorer (or) Calculator (or) Notepad
3. Click "Track" button
4. Move the mouse control over the Notepad / IE/ Calculator
Actual :
Mouse arrow pointer is moving from here and there. Not allowing to spy on any object specifically. (mouse pointer is not stable)

Herewith I'm attaching the Ranorex License info & System Info. Do we need to uninstall and re-install Ranorex? Will it work after that? What is the procedure to un-install & install the Ranorex again?

We would like to install the latest version of Ranorex (2.2.1).
What is the procedure to install the latest Ranorex 2.2.1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Thangavel.S

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Unable to spy any Objects

Post by Support Team » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:57 am

Hi thangavel,
go to the Control Panel ->Programs and try to repair your Ranorex installation.
After repair/re-installing it should work again.

Restarting Windows could also help!

Best regards,
Christian
Ranorex Team

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:09 pm

thangavel wrote:We would like to install the latest version of Ranorex (2.2.1).
What is the procedure to install the latest Ranorex 2.2.1
To install Ranorex 2.2.1 just download the setup executable from http://www.ranorex.com/download.html and start the setup executable. Ranorex 2.1 will be uninstalled automatically.

However, from your license information it seems that your subscription has expired, i.e. your license is not valid for updates to new minor releases like V2.2.X. You have to renew your subscription package, please contact sales_at_ranorex.com for a quote!

Regards,
Alex
Ranorex Support Team

thangavel

Post by thangavel » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:29 am

Hi,

I downloaded the Ranorex 2.2.1 from the given link. Installed it. Ranorex 2.1.4 is automatically un-installed and Ranorex 2.2.1 is installed. But When i'm opening SPY/Studio/Recorder I'm getting the following error message "The Current License key is not valid for this version of Ranorex. Please contact Support@ Ranorex.com to get new license key."

More over I want to un-install this version form this machine & install it in another machine.
How to proceed now?
Regards,
Thangavel.S

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:55 am

thangavel wrote: "The Current License key is not valid for this version of Ranorex. Please contact Support@ Ranorex.com to get new license key."
Obviously, you did not purchase a subscription package with your Ranorex license (or your subscription period is over), consequently, you are only allowed to update to maintenance releases, not to new major/minor Ranorex releases. E.g. if you purchased a Ranorex 2.1 license without subscription, you can use all 2.1.X versions, but you cannot use 2.2 or newer Ranorex versions. If you want to use Ranorex 2.2 and newer versions, you need to purchase a license with subscription. See our website (http://www.ranorex.com/purchase/buy-now.html) or contact sales_at_ranorex.com for a quote!
thangavel wrote:More over I want to un-install this version form this machine & install it in another machine.
This is a considered a license move, please see my previous answer in the following forum thread:
http://www.ranorex.com/forum/installed- ... html#p4266

Regards,
Alex
Ranorex Support Team