Unable to view Report

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
Shruti

Unable to view Report

Post by Shruti » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:57 am

Hello All,

I am Using Ranorex Latest version (4.0.1) on a machine with windows server 2008 R2 Enterprise Service Pack 1 OS. On running any test, I am not getting report displayed properly.

Plz refer to the attached screenshot.
Untitled.png
Also, the report is not getting saved properly in Reports folder.
Could anybody tell me the probable issue and its solution?

Regards,
Shruti
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Unable to view Report

Post by Support Team » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:48 pm

Hi,

Is the report of the last test execution in the output folder of your solution (bin/debug)?
If yes, is it properly shown if you open it?
Which Ranorex version do you have used before you updated/installed 4.0.1?
Could it be that you are using a custom report format or are you using the standard reporter?

Regards,
Markus

Shruti

Post by Shruti » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:01 am

Issue is resolved..
The problem was because of security settings In IE.
Included about:security_ranorex.exe and http://www.ranorex.com in Trusted sites in IE and it worked.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:04 pm

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

Regards,
Markus (T)

WorkTech

Post by WorkTech » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:17 pm

This is the same issue that I am having with my report opening after running a Test Case.
I had posted in the General Forum.

I have also upgraded from 3.3 to 4.0.1, and am not using Custom Style Sheets.
I have updated my IE settings to include the two suggested site and still, my report does not display anything.

L.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:25 am

Hi,

Does this also happen with a brand new solution?
What happens if you rename the files to the following: *.rxlog to *.rxlog.html and *.rxlog.data to *.rxlog.html.data and open it in IE, are you able to see the details now?

Regards,
Markus

WorkTech

Post by WorkTech » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:19 pm

Markus,
I have created a new solution and I end up with the same result; the report at the end of running the test is blank when it opens.

I also renamedboth the rxlog and rxlog.data files as suggested and then attempted to open the files with, again with the same results The rxlog report opens again with no data, only the background and the rxlog.data file opens and display a rather long string of the recording steps

I have attached the two files to this post.

Do I need to uninstall my version 4.01 and reinstall ??

Larry
rxlog Capture.JPG
rxlog Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:23 pm

Hi,

Yes please reinstall Ranorex with the setup.exe file, this will ensure that the prerequisites will be installed too.
Please also keep in mind that you have to rename the *.rxlog.data file to *.rxlog.html.data and not to *.rxlog.data.html, this could be the reason why it didn't work.

Regards,
Markus

WorkTech

Post by WorkTech » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:51 pm

Markus,
I see through the forms that a number of other memebers are having this same issue.
After running the 4.01 upgrade, when we run a test, and the report should open at the completion of the test.
As suggested in previous post we have checked the IE settings and have reinstalled the application with NO CHANGES.
This is really putting my testing behind.
I have even created a new test case in my new install and still no change.
I'm considering reinstalling 3.3.1

Larry

WorkTech

Post by WorkTech » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:36 am

I have reinstalled 3.3.5 and my reports now appear after running a test.
what changed in 4.01??

Larry

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:43 am

Hello Larry,

We made a lot of changes and added some features in the report in Ranorex 4.0.0.
Please take a look into the 'Release Notes' to see the changes which were made in the report.
We would like to reproduce this behavior. Could you please explain the steps in detail in order to reproduce the issue?
Thank you!

Regards,
Bernhard

WorkTech

Post by WorkTech » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:30 pm

Hi Bernard,

We do want to upgrade to 4.0.1, as we are going to be testing using Windows 8.0 in the near future.

I went back to 3.3.5 as I needed to get some testing completed because we had a release deadline which needed to be met.

Here is a summary of what happened;

1 - We had 3.3.5 installed and I created my complete Solution, Test Cases and Recording Modules within 3.3.5. When I would run a Test Case, Ranorex would create and end the test with the Summary Report.

2 - I went to the Ranorex site, downloaded the 4.0.1 installation file and then installed the new version.

3 - I opened my existing solution in 4.0.1. If remember correctly the system identified that the solution was created in a previous version and did I want to convert the solution to the new version, which I said Yes.

When I open my solution and now run a Test Case or a Recording Module, when complete and the summary should open, only the report 'background' is displaying. If I go to the reports path, are the reports files are there but again, if I attempt to open the files, I only see the background of the report, the gray screen with the white at the top.

4 - I then created a new Solution, Test Case and Recording Modules from scratch within 4.0.1 with the same results, no Summery Report.

I had checked my IE Setting as suggested from the forms, and the two sites are both included in my Trusted Sites.

5 - I then uninstalled 4.0.1 and reinstalled 3.3.5. I tried to first use my Solution from 4.0.1 and the system informed me that I could not use this Solution as it was created in a different version.

6 - I had a copy of my Solution from prior to upgrading to 4.0.1.

7 - I ran my Solution from 3.3.5 and everything is working again, the Testing Summary Report is once again displaying correctly.

Did I perhaps miss a step when I installed the 4.0.1 ?? We are not using any custom report to my knowledge, everything is straight 'out of the box'.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Larry

WorkTech

Post by WorkTech » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:25 pm

One other item that I forgot to include in yesterday's post is that we are running Ranorex through a Remote Desktop Connection.
Would that impact the issue we are having with displaying the reports in 4.0.1 ??

Larry

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:01 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the detailed description!
The RDP shouldn't be the problem!
In general if you just see a blank report it could have something to do with the rxlog.data file, because the xml code is saved to this file, so was the rxlog.data file generated in 4.X and can you see xml nodes if you open it with a text editor?
Could you post or send us a small sample project which shows the issue?
Please send us the solution after you created it with 3.3.5 and after you opened/converted it with 4.0.1.
It would be great if you would execute the solution once in 3.3.5 and once in 4.0.1, this will allow us to analyze the created report files itself.
If you want you could also upload it to our ftp, I could send the ftp credentials via email.

Regards,
Markus

WorkTech

Post by WorkTech » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:14 pm

Markus,
Sorry to send you this silly question, but can I have BOTH versions installed ?
When I installed 4.0.1, it appeared that it removed 3.3.5, was the old version removed ?

Larry