undesirable modification of a variable content

Bug reports.
User avatar
Florent
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:31 pm
Location: Amiens / France

undesirable modification of a variable content

Post by Florent » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:56 pm

Hi Support Team,

unless i made a mistake, this is a bug

i'm using Ranorex 4.0.5.24508

Thank you in advance for your support
ScreenShot1.jpg
ScreenShot1.jpg (130.47 KiB) Viewed 1001 times
ScreenShot2.jpg
ScreenShot2.jpg (115.23 KiB) Viewed 1001 times
ScreenShot3.jpg
ScreenShot3.jpg (171.75 KiB) Viewed 1001 times
Last edited by Florent on Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Florent
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:31 pm
Location: Amiens / France

Re: undesirable modification of a variable content

Post by Florent » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:56 pm

ScreenShot4.jpg
ScreenShot4.jpg (275.76 KiB) Viewed 1000 times

User avatar
Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 11709
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:30 pm
Location: Graz, Austria

Re: undesirable modification of a variable content

Post by Support Team » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:30 am

Hello,

Could you please verify if the data binding in your Test Case 'MAJ_necessaire' is correct?`
It could be that you have interchanged your variables.

Could you please post your data binding in order to analyze your issue?
Thank you.

Regards,
Markus (T)
.
Image

User avatar
Florent
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:31 pm
Location: Amiens / France

Re: undesirable modification of a variable content

Post by Florent » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:54 am

indeed it's like the contents of my variables have been interchanged but i have never wrote an instruction for that.

below, the data binding
ScreenShot5.jpg
ScreenShot5.jpg (33 KiB) Viewed 982 times
ScreenShot6.jpg
ScreenShot6.jpg (136.85 KiB) Viewed 982 times

User avatar
Florent
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:31 pm
Location: Amiens / France

Re: undesirable modification of a variable content

Post by Florent » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:07 pm

and below, the data binding of my repository
"SPexe_Version = 1.8.0" in all cases but it comes "1.7" during the excecution
ScreenShot7.jpg
ScreenShot7.jpg (25.38 KiB) Viewed 969 times

User avatar
Florent
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:31 pm
Location: Amiens / France

Re: undesirable modification of a variable content

Post by Florent » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:48 am

Hi Support team,

Have you managed to reproduce the issue ?
On my side, i replaced the data binding to the global parameters by a csv file and i encounter exactly the same problem. :cry:

To follow the behaviour of my variable "SPexe_Version", i put breakpoints in the region "Variables" of the repository "MAJ.cs" and the file "MAJ_du_SP.cs" but the progamme never stops on the points.

What is the way to trace a variable behaviour ?

User avatar
Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 11709
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:30 pm
Location: Graz, Austria

Re: undesirable modification of a variable content

Post by Support Team » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:50 pm

Hello,

Could you please post your data binding for your recordings?
Right-click on your Test Case and select 'Data Binding' in order to verify if the bindings are correct.

I couldn't reproduce your issue.
In order to watch a specific variable, you could open the 'Watch view' and add an expression to watch.
The 'Watch view' can be opened via menu 'View > Debug > Watch' and an expression can be added with right-click and select 'Add watch'.

Regards,
Markus (T)
.
Image

User avatar
Florent
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:31 pm
Location: Amiens / France

Re: undesirable modification of a variable content

Post by Florent » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:00 pm

a wrong binding was responsible for this problem
it was so simple :oops:
now, i will not put too much confidence in the auto-binding

sorry for the disturbing and thank you for your support