Unlocking the C Sharp files

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
willmtz

Unlocking the C Sharp files

Post by willmtz » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:22 pm

Hello,
I have a suite of test cases, which at one time they ran to completion. Unfortunately the server's URL has changed. I changed the URL in the rxrec interface and now find that I have to change the URL in the .cs files.
I have searched this forum, searched the documentation, and find no clue how to "unlock" the cs files in order to edit them. I'm assuming that that solution is to unlock the file because a "lock symbol" appears in the file's tab.
Any suggestion how I should edit these files? I'm sure I would not have to jump on Eclipse IDE to edit these files.
I looked to do a refactor on the suite, yet can't see how this is done in the Ranorex Studio.
Thank you for the help.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Unlocking the C Sharp files

Post by odklizec » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:39 pm

Hi,

If you mean the cs files stored in each recording (those without UserCode string in their name), then these files are not supposed to be edited by developer! These files are generated automatically by Ranorex! Once you change and save the recording file, the associated cs file should get updated. All manually entered information will get lost from these files, so there is no point to edit them.

The only cs files you can edit are UserCode.cs, program.cs and all your own code modules you eventually added to the project.

In case the recording.cs files are not updated automatically (after saving edited recordings) try to rebuild the whole project/solution. Hope this helps?
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

willmtz

Re: Unlocking the C Sharp files

Post by willmtz » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:47 pm

Pavel, I'm convinced that the project is corrupt, and I did not like the way it was created. Luckily it was not much. I have started a new project. Thank you for your help.