Unwanted move of rxlog to reports folder (at open studio)

Bug reports.
spot

Unwanted move of rxlog to reports folder (at open studio)

Post by spot » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:50 pm

When you create in Ranorex studio a new solution (Template: Ranorex C# Test Automation) and change in method Main() the logFileName

Code: Select all

string logFileName = "Test.rxlog";
Report.Setup(ReportLevel.Info, logFileName, true);
in

string logFileName = @"..\..\Log\Test.rxlog";
Report.Setup(ReportLevel.Info, logFileName, true);
and start the program the two files "Test.rxlog" and "RanorexReport.xsl" will be created.

When the Ranorex studio is closed at start of ...\App\App\bin\Debug\App.exe the two files will be created at the wanted folder ...\App\App\Log\ (same with start at ...\App\App\bin\Release\App.exe).

After start of Ranorex studio the folder ...\App\App\Reports\ will be automatically created and
after start of App.exe or RanorexStudio > Debug > Run (F5) - release or debug version - the two files "Test.rxlog" and "RanorexReport.xsl" will be created at the wanted folder ...\App\App\Log\. But after

Report.End();
the two files will be moved to the automatically created folder ...\App\App\Reports\.

Now my Question:
Is there any possibility to change this behaviour to stop creating the Reports folder and moving "rxlog"-files to this folder?

I need to find the "rxlog"-files always at the "Log-folder" and not sometimes here and sometimes (when debugging with the studio) at the Reports folder (because the "Log-folder" will be zipped and archived at the end of the application run). I thought I can force this with the xmlLogFileName value in Report.Setup() but here it doesn't work.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Unwanted move of rxlog to reports folder (at open studio)

Post by Support Team » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:20 pm

Hi,
spot wrote:Is there any possibility to change this behavior to stop creating the Reports folder and moving "rxlog"-files to this folder?
Sorry but at the moment there is no setting available to disable this behavior. But we've already added this request to our internal feature request list.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Support Team