Updating code

Ask general questions here.
bsing

Updating code

Post by bsing » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:59 am

Hi,

Whenever I make a repository change, even as simple as renaming a repository item ... Ranorex updates all recording modules ... which slows down the development process.

Is this a bug, or is there a configuration setting I can change to prevent this?

I am using Ranorex 3.2.2.16425

Brad.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Updating code

Post by Support Team » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:57 am

Hi,

This updates are everything else but a bug. How should your renamed items get detected in your modules if they aren't updated?

With the default settings, the code update is triggered whenever you change the repository associated with a module. This update is done asynchronously and is highly optimized, so you should not need to wait for the update to finish.
You can change the behavior to only update code whenever you build the project (Tools -> Options -> Tools -> Ranorex Code Generation), but then the code completion behavior in Ranorex Studio for the changed repository will only be correct after building the project.

If the code update is affecting your work, please give us some info on your test project/solution:
  • Is it residing on a network drive or on a local drive?
  • Do you use a single repository? How many modules/recordings are using that repository and from how many different projects? How long does it take to update all modules on a single repository change?
  • How does the code update affect your work? Do you have to wait for the code update to complete, because Ranorex Studio does not respond?
Kind Regards,
Larissa
Ranorex Support Team