using ranorex on several machines

Class library usage, coding and language questions.
taralex

using ranorex on several machines

Post by taralex » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:26 am

I was creating tests with the help of ranorex 2.0 on my laptop and it works fine, but then decided to create a setup and run it on a different machine.

as a result I'm getting a crash any time I start my application.
The error report contains ranorex.core and ranorex.core.ranorexcore stirngs in it...

Is this behavior a part of your licensing protection or am I doing something wrong?
I am seriously learning Ranorex and my company will buy version 2.0 as soon as it's out in case my tests prove to be useful. but I need to test them on different machines to see how things work out.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:14 pm

Could you please post the exact error message?

Without it, I can only assume that some Ranorex DLLs are missing. You should install the Ranorex setup on every machine you are running Ranorex on. This way the required DLLs are installed to the GAC (Global Assembly Cache) of that machine.

Regards,
Alex
Ranorex Support Team

taralex

Post by taralex » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:13 am

Thanx, with ranorex installed everything works fine.
Will (in the comercial version) I have a possibility to include the necessary dlls in my software installation, so that it can run without ranorex installed?

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:57 pm

Actually, you can already do that with the Ranorex 2.0 Preview version. You just have to make sure that all the required Ranorex DLLs reside in the working directory of your executable file. You can find all Ranorex DLLs in the Ranorex installation folder. The following files are the required Ranorex runtime DLLs (* is a placeholder for zero or more characters): Ranorex.Core*.dll, Ranorex.Libs*.dll, Ranorex.Plugin.*.dll.

With the final release you will have to activate your Ranorex installation once on each computer in order to validate your license.

Regards,
Alex
Ranorex Support Team