v8.0.1 Upgrade Stalled

Ask general questions here.
Hondo

v8.0.1 Upgrade Stalled

Post by Hondo » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:04 pm

Tried sending a support request thru the website but not sure it succeeded. Ended up on a blank page.

Upgraded client and Lic. Mgr to v8.0.1 but it appears our license is being declared invalid.
We renewed our License in Sept. 2017 for v7.2

What do we have to do to get v8.0.1 to work?

Thanks!

Hondo

Re: v8.0.1 Upgrade Stalled

Post by Hondo » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:37 pm

Where is Ranorex Support!?

No response to anything: This post, email, Support Request.. I've been on the phone listening to elevator music for 20 minutes!

Hondo

Post by Hondo » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:47 pm

K', got it resolved.. but where the heck is Ranorex Support!!?
This is what we're paying for? :shock: :evil:

ahoisl
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post by ahoisl » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:43 pm

I'm sorry, if the support quality today did not satisfy your needs.
In order to improve, could you please tell us what telephone number you were calling?

And additionally, it would be great if you could tell us how you resolved your issue.

BTW: nothing changed with regards to licensing from 7.2 to 8.0.1. So I'm curious what the issue was.

Regards,
Alex
Ranorex Team

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:54 pm

Hello Hondo,

We apologize for the issues you experienced when trying to contact us. I have recently contacted you via email (Case-00050421). I also wanted to post my reply here to see if anyone else was experiencing this issue with our new support query page.
We have not had any reports of issues with the new support query page. Does the below link work for you or do you still see a blank page? If you continue to experience issues, we will be happy to continue investigating this issue.

https://www.ranorex.com/support-query/

Furthermore, regarding our support phone system, it appears there is an issue with our phone provider in that your call can get stuck in an infinite loop and never reach the appropriate party. We have contacted our phone provider and are actively working with them to resolve this issue. We expect this to be fixed in the very near future.
I hope this helps! Please do let us know if you need any further assistance as we will be happy to provide support.

Kind Regards,
Ned

Hondo

Post by Hondo » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:44 pm

The phone # I got from the sig. on the Purchase License email
<><><>
Ranorex Inc.
28050 US Hwy 19 N, S-303 | Clearwater, FL 33761
Office: (727) 835-5570 | Fax: (727) 408-6765 [email protected] | http://www.ranorex.com

The resolution was to go to License Authentication Service page "http://auth.ranorex.com/license/" and generate a new license file.
Downloaded and Installed that on our License Mgr Server and shazaam. Back in business.

Here was my email response to Ned (about the support page):
The ‘support-query’ URL loads fine, but after I answer all the questions and hit Submit it goes to a blank page.
I have no idea if the Submission succeeded or not.
Browser is FireFox v58.0.2

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:49 pm

Hello Hondo,

I have not been able to duplicate this issue in the same version of Firefox on several of our machines nor have we had any reports of this issue from our other customers. If you have any availability, we will be more than happy to schedule a remote session and further investigate this support query page issue on your machine.

Kind Regards,
Ned