Validate highlighting of gridlines

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
Wim from CAL

Validate highlighting of gridlines

Post by Wim from CAL » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:19 am

I am am testing a web application that contains overviews with kendo grids. I want to validate if a gridline is highlighted when my mouse cursor is hovering above the grid line. I try doing so by Image directed recording.
When I start the recording I first switch on the Validating modus and then switch on Image based recording. I hover the mouse over the gridline and it is highlighted. When I want to capture this I have to mouse-click on the gridline . However when the image is captured after the mouseclick the highlighting isn't captured in the image. Only the gridline without the highlight
Is there any way to solve this issue?

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Validate highlighting of gridlines

Post by odklizec » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:02 pm

Hi,

I'm afraid, it's impossible to suggest something reliable without seeing your web app? And I'm afraid, snapshot would not help with this problem either. Any chance you can post a small example, featuring the grid in question? I think the problem is, that mouse click simply dismiss the hover-over highlight? But as mentioned, it's hard to say what to do without seeing your app.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

Stub

Post by Stub » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:39 pm

Does the mouse cursor change at all when it's hovering over a gridline?

I've recently been detecting when things occur in our app by monitoring the mouse cursor changes. It waits for such-and-such a cursor, then does stuff. I've even had to work around issues in our app by waiting for such-and-such a cursor to appear, then waiting for that cursor to revert back to the default, just to know when things have happened. Wondering if you could initiate capture on detecting a mouse cursor change, rather than you having to click on something.

Wim from CAL

Post by Wim from CAL » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:07 pm

snapshot.rxsnp
Here is a snapshot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wim from CAL

Post by Wim from CAL » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:11 pm

And a screenshot of our app.
In some overviews a click on a gridline opens another detail screen. That is not the case in this overview
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:16 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the snapshot. Which element should we look at? There does not seems to be anything highlighted?

Maybe you can create a snapshot via recording? This should preserve also the highlighted state. Just create a recording, where first step would simply move mouse above the element with highlight and as next step add Create Snapshot action.

BTW, you should really consider updating Ranorex to 9.1 or at very least 9.0.1. Ranorex 9.0.0 contains some nasty bugs, which are already fixed in later versions.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

Wim from CAL

Post by Wim from CAL » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:57 pm

I added the snapshot that was created from the recording. The highlighted grid line in the screenshot is the (only) blue one in the overview in the top-right of the screen
p.s. I already requested the update to 9.1 at our systemmanagment.