Validate.Options ExceptionOnFail gets set to true after use

Class library usage, coding and language questions.
robertf

Validate.Options ExceptionOnFail gets set to true after use

Post by robertf » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:41 pm

I use the Validate.Attrubute function in some cases for an "if" statement or for a "while" loop and I don't want it to throw an exception if it fails. In the example attached, I am trying to check a bunch of check boxes, but I do not want to touch them if they are already checked.

In previous versions of Ranorex, when I created a Validate.Options variable and set ExceptionOnFail to false, it kept that setting no matter how many times I used that variable. But, after I updated to 9.2, the ExceptionOnFail for the variable gets set to true after it is used once. Is this a bug or is this the desired behavior moving forward? I got around this by setting the ExceptionOnFail back to false after each use. (see attached)
CheckAllCostTypes.png
CheckAllCostTypes.png (35.64 KiB) Viewed 41 times

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Validate.Options ExceptionOnFail gets set to true after use

Post by Support Team » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:44 am

Hello Robert,

I can verify I am seeing the same behavior, I will have to investigate as to why the behavior has changed with the update but as I am sure you are aware with updates comes improvements and changes to our API. Once I do some digging I will be sure to respond to the thread with more information. In the meantime, I am happy you have found a workaround.

Regards,
Sean