Validate the pasted data in a word/excel to the copied data from the application

Ask general questions here.
nagamahesh@123

Validate the pasted data in a word/excel to the copied data from the application

Post by nagamahesh@123 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:16 am

Not able to validate the pasted data in a word/excel to the copied data from the application

More Information:
We are working on Ranorex 8.1 version. We have a desktop application. What we need is to copy a table data to a word document and then compare the pasted data with the data from application.

We are able to successfully copy the data from application and paste it to a word document and we can even save the document.
How can we validate the pasted data? Please let us know.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Validate the pasted data in a word/excel to the copied data from the application

Post by odklizec » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:58 am

Hi,

I’m afraid, it’s impossible to tell how you should validate such scenario, without seeing the table (at very least its snapshot) and pasted data (word file). However, I think that pasting table data to word and using word for validation is a bad idea. I would personally use Ranorex snapshot for such kind of validation. Or at worst excel/csv file. Word is definitely not ideal format for table data :)
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration