Validation Error on Second Run of script

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
severe_business

Validation Error on Second Run of script

Post by severe_business » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:32 pm

I am having an issue with validating a data item on my web-based application.

I am using ranorex 5.2 on windows 7 sp1.

When I record the validation of the form item, then playback that specific step only, the validation correctly finds the object. When I assimilate that line validation with the rest of the script it fails. It also will only give the proper validation once. I have tried to update the path, and use the tracking device. I can track and then use the path given and again, it will validate once and then not find the validation again.

Can anyone assist?

Topic moved by Ranorex Support Team

krstcs

Re: Validation Error on Second Run of script

Post by krstcs » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:22 pm

First, welcome to the Ranorex forums.

Second, this is probably not a bug (and should probably not be in the Bug Reports forum). There are several things that could be causing this issue. For instance, it is possible that your system under test is changing during the run and therefore invalidating the repository cache that Ranorex uses. Also, it could be that the path you are using is either too generic or is using attributes that are not consistent (such as indexes).

Could you post a Ranorex Snapshot of the SUT? For information on creating Ranorex Snapshots please see this page.

In addition, could you post the RanoreXPath for the element you are trying to find?

These items will allow us to have a better idea of where the problem is.

If you can't post them online, you can send them to [email protected].
Shortcuts usually aren't...