Variables do not show correct increment when reusing modules

Bug reports.
sistinus
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Variables do not show correct increment when reusing modules

Post by sistinus » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:12 pm

When binding variables, the module instance number is not incrementing when assigning the variables to different parameters. If I reuse a module and bind the variables to the same parameter I get the correct instance number at the end of the variable name(variablename[1], variablename[2], variablename[3]). If I bind the variables to different parameters the count starts over (Bound parameter 1 = variablename[1], Bound parameter 2 = variablename[1], Bound parameter 3 = variablename[1]). You can see in the screenshot that as I bound each variable the increment restarted at [1]. I am using currently Ranorex 5.2.1. I recently upgraded from 5.0.2 where the instance incremented correctly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

krstcs

Re: Variables do not show correct increment when reusing modules

Post by krstcs » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:54 pm

I believe this is working as intended and is not a bug.

The number indicates the index of the variable in the list of available variables. When you bind a variable it is removed from the available list, so the list will be re-indexed, so it will start at 1 again.

If you would like them to change this, you will need to submit a feature request, which you should do through email to [email protected], since they only handle feature requests through email.
Shortcuts usually aren't...

fhr

Post by fhr » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:06 am

We observed same behaviour. The index helped a lot in the past binding variables. Please restore the known and established behaviour in the next version.

sistinus
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post by sistinus » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:24 pm

I'm pretty sure it's a bug. In previous versions of Ranorex it would show which module instance even if some of the variables were already bound. I only noticed this behavior in the latest version of Ranorex.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:27 pm

Hi,

Yes, you are right, the change in behavior was not intended.
We will fix this with one of our next releases.

Regards,
Markus