Verify that an element apear in a geographique map

Best practices, code snippets for common functionality, examples, and guidelines.
oualiSAI

Verify that an element apear in a geographique map

Post by oualiSAI » Mon May 28, 2018 11:53 am

Hello,

For my application, i want to verify when i click in a button that an object apear in the geographic map, i have tried to use image based testing but the symbol of and object can be changed by a user, so i want something dynamic,

is there another solution without using the image based testing? or using image based solution dynamically, for example verify the symbol of an object and use the image based according to the symbol selected by a user?

Thank you

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Verify that an element apear in a geographique map

Post by Support Team » Tue May 29, 2018 4:10 pm

Hi oualiSAI,

If you do not get any object recognition inside of the map object, then image based validation is your best alternative. There are several image-based settings, such as post-processing filters, you can tailor to your requirements and environment. To handle the dynamic aspect of this, you will likely need to go into code.

Usually, automation tests are run on environments which do not have unexpected/changing variables, such as this dynamic symbol, unless changed by the automation test itself (in which you can validate the expected symbol). In a perfect testing environment, everything should have an expected value/state and nothing should be changed unexpectedly.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Ned