Version 4.0.2 / C# User code / Debug with breakpoints

Bug reports.
Florent

Version 4.0.2 / C# User code / Debug with breakpoints

Post by Florent » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:09 pm

Hi Support Team,

I've put breakpoints in my user code in order to analyze a variable behavior during a scenario execution. I can not access to the values of the user code variables and the functions "Step over (F10)" or "Step into (F11)" don't work.

I've exactly try the same things with the 4.0.0 version and it works.

Good luck to fix this bug and let me know.

Have a nice week end,
Florent
Last edited by Florent on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Verion 4.0.2 / C# User code / Debug with breakpoints

Post by Support Team » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:22 pm

Hi Florent,
Florent wrote:I can not access to the values of the user code variables and the functions "Step over (F10)" or "Step into (F11)" don't work.
I'm sorry, but I cannot reproduce this issue. Can you give us some more information about that problem?
Can you please describe the exact behavior of the issue you experience?
And please provide us your debugging setup (Operating system, x86/x64, Target CPU).
Thank you!

Regarding the "Step into" problem: Do you mean that the debugger does not step into property getter/setter? Have you tried changing the debugging options (Tools -> Options -> Debugging -> General)?

Regards,
Alex
Ranorex Team

Florent

Re: Version 4.0.2 / C# User code / Debug with breakpoints

Post by Florent » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:51 am

Hi Alex,

I'm on Window 7 / 64 bits.

1/ i click on "Play Selected item/s" for a user code action where i've put a breakpoint
2/ execution goes well and stops at the breakpoint but values of my variables are not given when i move my mouse over
3/ i try to continue the execution step by step by clicking on F11 or F10. Nothing happens.
4/ i click on the "Play" button to finalize the scenario. It goes to the end normaly but the report is blank as you can see in the screen shot below.

All these problems not happens with the 4.0.0 version without change anything on Tools -> Options -> Debugging -> General

Don't hesitate to solicit me for more informations if needed

Regards,
Florent
ranorex.jpg
ranorex.jpg (27.77 KiB) Viewed 1839 times

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:24 am

Hi Florent,

I’m not sure of your exact scenario is but I was able to reproduce your issue. The issue that causes you not to see your variables is actually by design, and fixes an issue that caused crashes. The cause of the behavior is a result of being stopped in code that does not have any source code. You can verify this by looking at the Call Stack (View->Debug->Callstack). You will probably see that all that items in the list are grayed out (Right Click to change view options), and if not you can click on any of the items that are in bold. You can avoid this issue by checking the “Step over code without symbols” in Tools -> Options -> Debugging -> General.

The Step Over, Step Into, and Step Out issue is caused by the same condition and is a bug. The commands are ignored because the selected ‘Stack Frame’ (Call Stack) is considered invalid. You can set a break point later in code and use ‘Play’ to continue. Or, you can right click in code and use the ‘Run to cursor’.

Regards,
Ron
Ranorex Team

Florent

Post by Florent » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:56 am

Hi Ron,

I'm on it now.
You can verify this by looking at the Call Stack (View->Debug->Callstack). You will probably see that all that items in the list are grayed
The Callstack tab is blank. There are no items.
You can avoid this issue by checking the “Step over code without symbols” in Tools -> Options -> Debugging -> General.
it works ! i can see my variables now.
By waiting your corrections, it's not a big problem to work without the Step Over, Step Into, and Step Out.

Thank you.
See u

Florent

Post by Florent » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:08 pm

i don't know why but it does not work now
i can not see my variables
however, i've checked the “Step over code without symbols” in Tools -> Options -> Debugging -> General

it's quite difficult to work with user code module in these conditions
Please, have you got another solution ?

Florent

Post by Florent » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:02 am

today it works
there is a problem but it's not stable
sorry to not be able to tell you more precisions about that

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:08 pm

Hello,

In order to analyze the issue we have to reproduce the issue on our machines. Is it possible to get your application or a sample application and the Ranorex solution?

Regards,
Bernhard

Florent

Post by Florent » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:44 am

Hi,

Sorry but i have no demo versions to provide.

In addition, i think that this bug is a regression because i don't encounter the problem with the 4.0.0 version (i've tried).

I manage to see my variables using message boxes during the execution. For the moment, i can work like that but i think it will not be always the case.

Regards,
Florent

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:27 pm

Hello Florent,

Thank you for the information. Unfortunately we are not able to reproduce this issue.
Did you already try to uninstall Ranorex completely and install it again with the setup.exe or the Ranorex-4.0.2.exe file?

Regards,
Bernhard