Ranorex integration with Azure Devops

Experiences, small talk, and other automation gossip.
Rajana

Ranorex integration with Azure Devops

Post by Rajana » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:18 pm

Hi ,

I'm working on with the integration of Azure pipeline(release pipeline specifically ,as build pipeline is already being done ) with Ranorex tool for automating test case . Can any one share the procedures adopted while doing the same .

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Ranorex integration with Azure Devops

Post by odklizec » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:34 pm

Hi,

I would suggest to start with this webinar:
https://www.ranorex.com/automated-testi ... tegration/
Then try to search this forum for azure-related posts. You can find number of forum posts, discussing "Ranorex to Azure" integration. But I think that the above mentioned webinar is the most comprehensive tutorial?

BTW, it seems that Ranorex folks are planning direct Ranorex2Azure integration in future Ranorex versions. See the Ranorex roadmap...
https://www.ranorex.com/product-roadmap/
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

Rajana

Post by Rajana » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:23 am

Thanks odklizec ! I could successfully implement my Pipeline from my Local machine throught the default Agent in Azure devops.
But how would I remove the dependency on the Agent installed on my Local machine and execute the ranorex solution through Azure pipeline in any VM or Remote desktop . What are the configurations I need to setup in Remote Desktop ?

MatteoMercatale

Post by MatteoMercatale » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:18 pm

Rajana wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:23 am
Thanks odklizec ! I could successfully implement my Pipeline from my Local machine throught the default Agent in Azure devops.
But how would I remove the dependency on the Agent installed on my Local machine and execute the ranorex solution through Azure pipeline in any VM or Remote desktop . What are the configurations I need to setup in Remote Desktop ?
I am also looking for the same answer, removing the dependency on the Agent installed is indeed a hurdle for me.