[Solve] Confirm dialog not detect

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
ducarpit

Re: [Solve] Confirm dialog not detect

Post by ducarpit » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:54 am

odklizec wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:31 am
Hi,

What exactly does not work? The xpath you manually created in repo does not work in test itself?
Hi,
yes, before the test the xpath in the spy editor seems OK:
before.JPG
But after the test and the error, it seems not working yet:
after.JPG
I dont' know why...
Christian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:06 am

Hi,

Are you sure that OpenBrowser is starting Chrome with the parameter I mentioned?

Also, could you please add a "Create Snapshot" action just before the failing action? But take snapshot of entire Chrome form not Chrome DOM! And please post the xpath you are using.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

ducarpit

Post by ducarpit » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:23 am

odklizec wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:06 am
Hi,

Are you sure that OpenBrowser is starting Chrome with the parameter I mentioned?

Also, could you please add a "Create Snapshot" action just before the failing action? But take snapshot of entire Chrome form not Chrome DOM! And please post the xpath you are using.
Hy,
i think (hope) yes:
chrome.JPG
Here is the snapshot before the fail action (in attachment).

And this is the xpath:

Code: Select all

/form[@title>'teamportal @ TeamSystem (TestRanorexStudio)']/container[@accessiblename>'teamportal @ TeamSystem (TestRanorexStudio)']/form[@accessiblename='127.0.0.1 dice']/descendant-or-self::*/button[@accessiblename='OK']
Thanks a lot
Christian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:38 am

Hi,

Have you created this snapshot manually (via SPY), or via Create Snapshot action (as requested)? The xpath is correctly found in the snapshot. So it should work in test as well.
Pavel Kudrys

• Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

ducarpit

Post by ducarpit » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:31 pm

odklizec wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:38 am
Hi,

Have you created this snapshot manually (via SPY), or via Create Snapshot action (as requested)? The xpath is correctly found in the snapshot. So it should work in test as well.
Hi,
i create the snapshot file in this way (select the Google Chrome Form and then click on the icon "Save as snapshot"):
Cattura.JPG
Is there the correct way?
Christian

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:47 pm

Hi,

What you are doing, is manual creation of snapshot. What I'm asking for, is to add Create Snapshot action to recording module, just before the click "OK" button action. And target element for this action should be Chrome "form" repo element (not entire path to OK button). You may need to create such element in repository. Repo element should have this xpath...
/form[@title>'teamportal @ TeamSystem (TestRanorexStudio)']
BTW, have you tried to add Chrome process name to Ranorex whitelist?
Pavel Kudrys

• Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

ducarpit

Post by ducarpit » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:43 pm

odklizec wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:47 pm
Hi,

What you are doing, is manual creation of snapshot. What I'm asking for, is to add Create Snapshot action to recording module, just before the click "OK" button action. And target element for this action should be Chrome "form" repo element (not entire path to OK button). You may need to create such element in repository. Repo element should have this xpath...
/form[@title>'teamportal @ TeamSystem (TestRanorexStudio)']
BTW, have you tried to add Chrome process name to Ranorex whitelist?
Hi,
sorry for the error, i am using Ranorex from 5 days....
This is the snpshot created by the recording module as you describe (attachment).
No, i didn't tryed to add Chrome process to Ranorex Whitelist....should i try?
Christian

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:07 pm

Hi,

As I've expected, the xpath is now different, most probably because your Studio settings are different? ;) Spy and Studio have separate settings. So if they are not the same, tracking/xpaths could be different. ALso, you should definitely try to add Chrome to the white list. If for nothing else, it makes the element search and recognition faster.

Here is the correct xpath for Chrome started from Studio:
/form[@title>'teamportal @ TeamSystem (TestRanorexStudio)']//container[@accessiblename='127.0.0.1 dice']/descendant-or-self::*/button[@accessiblename='OK']
Eventually, you can use this xpath:
/form[@title>'teamportal @ TeamSystem (TestRanorexStudio)']//*[@accessiblename='127.0.0.1 dice']/descendant-or-self::*/button[@accessiblename='OK']
Pavel Kudrys

• Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

ducarpit

Post by ducarpit » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:49 pm

odklizec wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:07 pm
Hi,

As I've expected, the xpath is now different, most probably because your Studio settings are different? ;) Spy and Studio have separate settings. So if they are not the same, tracking/xpaths could be different. ALso, you should definitely try to add Chrome to the white list. If for nothing else, it makes the element search and recognition faster.

/form[@title>'teamportal @ TeamSystem (TestRanorexStudio)']//container[@accessiblename='127.0.0.1 dice']/descendant-or-self::*/button[@accessiblename='OK']
/form[@title>'teamportal @ TeamSystem (TestRanorexStudio)']//*[@accessiblename='127.0.0.1 dice']/descendant-or-self::*/button[@accessiblename='OK']
Hi,
i have tryed by add the Google Chrome process in the whitelist but it doesn't work yet.
INSTEAD, with your xpath (the first) IT WORKS!!!!
I dont't know if it's the correct xpath or the whitelist, probably the xpath....i should try to remove Google Chrome process from the whilelist and see what appen.....
Thanks a lot my dear friend, you are very very kind! I'm sorry for my incompetence and for the time i "stole" to you.....
Christian

PS: as soon as possible i will try without whitelist and then i will post the result in thsi post...

ducarpit

Post by ducarpit » Mon May 04, 2020 8:30 am

ducarpit wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:49 pm
odklizec wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:07 pm
Hi,

Hi,
i have tryed by add the Google Chrome process in the whitelist but it doesn't work yet.
INSTEAD, with your xpath (the first) IT WORKS!!!!
I dont't know if it's the correct xpath or the whitelist, probably the xpath....i should try to remove Google Chrome process from the whilelist and see what appen.....
Thanks a lot my dear friend, you are very very kind! I'm sorry for my incompetence and for the time i "stole" to you.....
Christian

PS: as soon as possible i will try without whitelist and then i will post the result in thsi post...
Hi,
i can confirm to you that it works also without the Google Chrome process in the whitelist.
So the problem was the xpath....
Thank you so much for your support

Christian

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Mon May 04, 2020 8:39 am

Hi,

Nice to hear the problem is now solved! And good luck with next Ranorex adventure ;)

BTW, even though it works also without adding Chrome to the whitelist, I would still recommend to do so. It will speed up the element search ;)
Pavel Kudrys

• Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration