Does Ranorex supports object recognition of WPS Office?

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
huangshengnan

Does Ranorex supports object recognition of WPS Office?

Post by huangshengnan » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:10 am

Hello everybody,

My automated testing needs to operate WPS Office. But when i use Track to recognize WPS, a warning message (Fail to instrument QT process...) was returned. How can i know if Ranorex supports object recognition of WPS Office?

1.Ranorex Version:7.0.1
2.Warning Message:
"
Technology: Qt
Failed to instrument Qt process. Please make sure you have enough privileges to access the process and a supported version of Qt.
Process: 'wps'
"
3.How to download WPS:https://www.wps.com/

Thanks in advance! :P

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Does Ranorex supports object recognition of WPS Office?

Post by Support Team » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:14 pm

Qt is a supported technology of Ranorex and we expect object recognition to work in this AUT if it is indeed using Qt and standard Qt objects. Object recognition in this AUT may require elevated privileges. Try the following:

1. Run Ranorex and the application under test with administrative privileges
2. Disabled Windows UAC
3. Ensure Ranorex, the Ranorex Solution, and the application under test are stored on a local, non-encrypted drive (no network drives)
4. Temporarily disable any anti-virus software and security policies

If the above recommendations do not help, there are other possible troubleshooting steps and/or workarounds available if the standard Qt plugin does not work. I recommend contacting us if you continue having issues (current customer contact / new customer contact form).

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Ned

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:24 pm

Hi,

Aside of what Ned suggested, try also most recent Ranorex 9.3.2 (even in trial mode). Ranorex 7.0.1 is way too old and there were many improvements introduced since this version. Seriously, it does not make sense to debug this kind of problem in an obsolete version 😉
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

huangshengnan

Post by huangshengnan » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:57 am

odklizec wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:24 pm
Hi,

Aside of what Ned suggested, try also most recent Ranorex 9.3.2 (even in trial mode). Ranorex 7.0.1 is way too old and there were many improvements introduced since this version. Seriously, it does not make sense to debug this kind of problem in an obsolete version 😉
I've tried Ranorex 9.3.2,but it didn't work either.
In 9.3.2, the warning message turns like this:
"Ranorex can’t identify UI elements in your Qt AUT because it couldn’t instrument it automatically. Start Ranorex Studio and the AUT with the same privileges, preferably as an administrator, and ensure your Qt version is supported."

Now i suspect it's because the QT version doesn't support it.Under the application directory,i find these files:
QtWebKit4.dll/QtCore4.dll/QtNetwork4.dll/QtOpenGL4.dll/QtScript4.dll

Thank you anyway :D

huangshengnan

Post by huangshengnan » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:59 am

Support Team wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:14 pm
Qt is a supported technology of Ranorex and we expect object recognition to work in this AUT if it is indeed using Qt and standard Qt objects. Object recognition in this AUT may require elevated privileges. Try the following:

1. Run Ranorex and the application under test with administrative privileges
2. Disabled Windows UAC
3. Ensure Ranorex, the Ranorex Solution, and the application under test are stored on a local, non-encrypted drive (no network drives)
4. Temporarily disable any anti-virus software and security policies

If the above recommendations do not help, there are other possible troubleshooting steps and/or workarounds available if the standard Qt plugin does not work. I recommend contacting us if you continue having issues (current customer contact / new customer contact form).

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Ned
I've tried your suggestion, but it didn't work.I plan to contact you,thanks.