Sharing Ranorex report with other persons without Ranorex installation

Ask general questions here.
hsarmah2021

Sharing Ranorex report with other persons without Ranorex installation

Post by hsarmah2021 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:03 am

Hello everyone,
I am sure this issue has been faced by many, how do you share a Ranorex test report with people who does not have Ranorex installed in their system? As per Ranorex documentation it is possible to view the html report in any browser, but it does not work without giving the browser to access local files which is not safe and many people will not simply agree to do this. I saw it is possible to share the report in pdf format, but then we don't have access to videos and the screenshots can't be zoomed into in the pdf report. So I am interested to know how others are solving this issue?

Mike K
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Re: Sharing Ranorex report with other persons without Ranorex installation

Post by Mike K » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:19 pm

Hi,

Yes, this is a question I've seen many times also. We can convert the report in 2 ways so that a Ranorex Viewer is not required. The first is fairly easy. Right-click on the Test Suite folder and select 'Properties'. From the Report tab change the Report extension from .rxlog to html. Now the report can be viewed using any browser. The second approach would be to download our Automation Helpers and use the ReportToPDF module to convert,

Hope this helps!

hsarmah2021

Post by hsarmah2021 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:57 pm

Mike K wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:19 pm
Hi,

Yes, this is a question I've seen many times also. We can convert the report in 2 ways so that a Ranorex Viewer is not required. The first is fairly easy. Right-click on the Test Suite folder and select 'Properties'. From the Report tab change the Report extension from .rxlog to html. Now the report can be viewed using any browser. The second approach would be to download our Automation Helpers and use the ReportToPDF module to convert,

Hope this helps!
Even after converting the report to html format, the browser needs to access local files so that the report can be visible. Is there a workaround for this step? This is not a good approach to ask everyone to enable file access in browser so that they can view the report.

Mike K
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post by Mike K » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:20 pm

Hi,

I understand and yes there are 2 solutions. The first is using 'Ranorex Automation Helpers' you will find a Email module that sends the Report by email. Also, the latest version of Ranorex (v9.5) has an option on the Reporting tab option panel to convert the Report to PDF where by allowing the user to move one file and not a group of files.

Hope this helps!