WaitFor AttributeEqual does work as expected

Bug reports.
tvu

WaitFor AttributeEqual does work as expected

Post by tvu » Fri May 18, 2018 11:43 pm

I am automating an Android app. On each page, we have a title bar with a text element representing the title. I made a recording with a single action to do a "Wait for" where the following is set:
  • Wait action = AttributeEqual
  • Match Name = Text
  • Match Value = My desired text value
  • Repository Item = title text element
  • Wait timeout = 30s
I did the following:
  • App is on a page where the Text value for the title element is "Title 1"
  • Open Spy and validated the Text value is "Title 1"
  • Run my recording where the single action is a "Wait For" the title to equals "Title 2"
  • Wait until I see that the action line is running
  • Manually navigate to a new page where the Text value for the title is "Title 2"
  • Refresh spy to validate the Text value is "Title 2"
  • After the 30s wait time, the recording will fail and say last value found was "Title 1"
"Use cache" is set to False for all folders along the path to the title item. In fact, "Use cache" is False for the entire Repository.

I am using Ranorex v8.0.1 and testing on a Samsung S7 running Android OS 7.0. I've reproduced this issue on multiple devices.

Note: I've attach the screen shot of the action line. I changed the Match Value in the recording to a generic "MyTitle".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: WaitFor AttributeEqual does work as expected

Post by Support Team » Wed May 23, 2018 6:25 am

Hello tvu,

Thank you for your submission; we are currently investigating your reported issue and will provide an update as soon as any new information is available.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Jon

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: WaitFor AttributeEqual does work as expected

Post by Support Team » Fri May 25, 2018 8:35 pm

Hello tvu,

Thank you for your patience as we investigated the reported issue.

I have analyzed the issue with our samples here and have not yet been able to reproduce the issue on several devices. The issue may be specific to your settings, test, RXPath, environment, or application under test. As such, I would like to continue troubleshooting your issue via a support ticket at your earliest convenience:

https://www.ranorex.com/support-query/

Please make a reference to this post within the ticket and I will be sure to get you taken care of!

Regards,

-Jon