WaitFor timeout in 7.1

Ask general questions here.
Darwin

WaitFor timeout in 7.1

Post by Darwin » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:19 pm

I was very excited to upgrade to 7.1 when I saw the expanded capabilities for WaitFor statements thinking this would help me write less user code when executing a lengthy process and checking text in a status bar to gauge progress.

So I have some statements in a recording looking like this:

Code: Select all

<start process>
Wait For | AttributeContains | Text | Running Job... | StatusTextBox
Delay    | 1m
Wait For | AttributeContains | Text | Job Completed. | StatusTextBox
If I were to look at the properties of StatusTextBox in the controls frame (Repository?) below the recording steps, I would see:

Effective Timeout     |  1m
Search Timeout        |  30s
However, when I run this test case it fails to wait more than 5s and I see entries like so:

Waiting 5s for the attribute 'Text' to contain the specified value 'Job completed.'. Associated repository item: 'StatusTextBox' 
Am I missing something? It seems I have to keep my user code solution intact for now otherwise--I was hoping all I would have to do is manipulate the control's property values to allow a substantial amount of time before this check fails.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: WaitFor timeout in 7.1

Post by Support Team » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:13 am

Hello Darwin,

Welcome to Ranorex!

There is a "Wait Timeout" property for the "WaitFor" action within the properties tab to define "how long" to wait for the attribute:
WaitFor.png
WaitFor.png (20.33 KiB) Viewed 394 times
WaitTimeout.png
WaitTimeout.png (8.78 KiB) Viewed 394 times
I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Robert

Darwin

Re: WaitFor timeout in 7.1

Post by Darwin » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:07 pm

Vielen Dank für die sofortige und hilfreiche Antwort! I did not realize the Properties window could also be associated with actions/statements and had been under the impression it was only for controls.

This worked nicely with my current solution--I expect this will save us a lot of time and spare us writing user code routines to wait for lengthy operations. Although I've only been working with Ranorex a few months, this looks to me to be a very worthwhile addition in 7.1.