Warning messages while replaying recordings

Ask general questions here.
murthyksvr

Warning messages while replaying recordings

Post by murthyksvr » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:40 am

How to resolve following warning messages which are displayed while replaying recordings
1. There was a mismatch between the processor architecture of the project being built "AMD64" and the processor architecture of the reference "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\mscorlib.dll", "x86". This mismatch may cause runtime failures. Please consider changing the targeted processor architecture of your project through the Configuration Manager so as to align the processor architectures between your project and references, or take a dependency on references with a processor architecture that matches the targeted processor architecture of your project. (MSB3270)

2. There was a mismatch between the processor architecture of the project being built "MSIL" and the processor architecture of the reference "System.Data", "AMD64". This mismatch may cause runtime failures. Please consider changing the targeted processor architecture of your project through the Configuration Manager so as to align the processor architectures between your project and references, or take a dependency on references with a processor architecture that matches the targeted processor architecture of your project. (MSB3270)

3. There was a mismatch between the processor architecture of the project being built "MSIL" and the processor architecture of the reference "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\mscorlib.dll", "x86". This mismatch may cause runtime failures. Please consider changing the targeted processor architecture of your project through the Configuration Manager so as to align the processor architectures between your project and references, or take a dependency on references with a processor architecture that matches the targeted processor architecture of your project. (MSB3270)

Assembly generation -- Referenced assembly 'mscorlib.dll' targets a different processor (CS1607)

I have changed target to any CPU in project options and changed to AMD64 other places like debug etc. But still this warnings are displayed

krstcs

Re: Warning messages while replaying recordings

Post by krstcs » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:12 am

You should be using x86 or any processor, not AMD64, when compiling your tests.

Ranorex x86 works just fine on an x64 OS and with an x64 SUT. There is no need to compile in 64-bit.

In addition, Ranorex does not support debugging on 64-bit.

Finally, please ALWAYS include the following when posting an issue to the forums:

FULL Ranorex version (currently only 6.0.2 and 6.1.0 are supported)
Windows version
Technology of system under test, if applicable
RanoreXPath of element in question, if applicable
Ranorex Snapshot (not screenshot!) of element in question, if applicable
Full text and/or screenshot of any error messages (you did this, thanks!)

This information makes helping you easier. Without it many of our suggestions are just guesses.
Shortcuts usually aren't...

murthyksvr

Post by murthyksvr » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:58 pm

Thanks for input. But how do i fix these warnings. How shall I change the targeted processor architecture of project through the Configuration Manager or take a dependency on references with a processor architecture that matches the targeted processor architecture of project?

Details of the system:
FULL Ranorex version - 6.0.1
Windows version - Windows 7 professional 64 bit
Technology of system under test - C#.net (2008)

Vaughan.Douglas

Post by Vaughan.Douglas » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:19 pm

I've encountered this issue in Ranorex 6.1.0. My project which does NOT present these messages when compiling in Ranorex 6.0.1 does present when compiling in Ranorex 6.1.0.

I haven't done a lot of investigating yet, although I did check the project properties and make some changes there. Right now I'm only testing Ranorex 6.1.0 out on a VDI, so I'm wondering if there is a difference in environment that is causing those messages to present.
Doug Vaughan

murthyksvr

Post by murthyksvr » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:47 pm

ok thank you but how can we fix these warnings ?
How shall I change the targeted processor architecture of project through the Configuration Manager or take a dependency on references with a processor architecture that matches the targeted processor architecture of project?

jma

Post by jma » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:30 pm

The target CPU could be changed in the properties of the corresponding project. As krstcs mentioned, please try setting the target CPU to 32-bit or any processor.
project_properties.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

murthyksvr

Post by murthyksvr » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:07 pm

Changed settings as mentioned above. But facing same issues

Vaughan.Douglas

Post by Vaughan.Douglas » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:12 pm

A couple of things.

First, since this isn't causing my build to fail I don't consider it a priority. It is an annoyance that must be resolved, but I try not to get hung up on such things. I'm tracking this thread because I'm going to bet there are others getting similar errors.

Now as for a means to solve the issue...
I would ask what changed between your last good build and the build that generated the warning(s)?
Did you update Ranorex?
Did you machine undergo any software patches/updates?
Are you trying to build it on a different machine?

I'n my case, my virtual machine running the newer version of Ranorex throws those warnings while my local machine does not. I've got users that are getting similar warnings on other solutions when using Ranorex 6.0.0. I'm not entirely sure this is a configuration issue as much as it is a change in Ranorex. It could be some settings that had been set by default on new solutions are not being set in newer versions. It could be literally anything.
Doug Vaughan

Jordy

Post by Jordy » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:41 pm

I am also getting these warnings, my settings are just like the picture jma posted above.
I am running Windows 7 (assume 64 bit, can't check due to limitations), Ranorex v6.0.2.

murthyksvr

Post by murthyksvr » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:09 am

No. There is no change in SUT or ranorex. I am getting since beginning of using ranorex. I think these warnings are may be because application dlls built on AMD 64 architecture but ranorex running on x86 architecture...but is there any way in settings to resolve these warnings. I have done all changes as mentioned above by changing target processor to any or 64 etc. But no luck.

jma

Post by jma » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:23 pm

Hi murthyksvr,

I assume that there is a general issue with the .NET framework on your machine. I would also suggest having a look at the following stackoverflow discussion: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1831 ... t-to-amd64

Probably, the issue could be resolved by installing the corresponding Windows SDK: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... px?id=8279

I would suggest doing the following steps.
1) Uninstall Ranorex
2) Uninstall the .NET framework
3) Reboot the machine
4) Install the .NET framework and the Windows 7 SDK
5) Install the latest version of Ranorex Studio