WebDriver EndPoint not available from TestSuite

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
sam1974

WebDriver EndPoint not available from TestSuite

Post by sam1974 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:38 pm

Hi all

Ranorex: 8.0.0+git.6b58189a
Selenium Server Standalone: 3.10.0

Perhaps I missed something in the docs... but when I run a Recording (open the Recording and click on the Run button there), it works perfectly on the WebDriver endpoint (of course set it as automation root before).

When I try to run a test case out of the test suite (containing the same recording) I get always:

Failed to set endpoint as element tree root. No endpoint with the name 'TestSetup' was found. There are 0 endpoints available: [].

Why? It's clear that the end point is available - as it works when run the Recording directly.
Did I really miss something in the documentation?

Kind regards, sam1974

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: WebDriver EndPoint not available from TestSuite

Post by Support Team » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:40 pm

Hi sam1974,

I just tried to reproduce your issue per the description you provided but everything worked as intended. Is it possible for you to upload a sample solution which demonstrates the issue? The easiest way to share your solution within Ranorex Studio is by going to Tools -> Compress solution and open folder.

Alternatively, if you would prefer more discretion when uploading items, I would also be happy to help you through email. If you wish to continue the discussion via email, please submit a ticket to our support portal at the below link and be sure to reference this forum post:

https://www.ranorex.com/support-query/

I hope this helps!

-Jon

sam1974

Re: WebDriver EndPoint not available from TestSuite

Post by sam1974 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:51 pm

I created a new sample solution and everything works correctly with the same EndPoint. Opened a ticket (with reference to this thread) as I am not able to see what's wrong in my "real" solution against the sample solution...