What is the meaning of Configuration in command line while generating a build.

Ask general questions here.
kumprave5

What is the meaning of Configuration in command line while generating a build.

Post by kumprave5 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:08 pm

What is the meaning of p:Configuration=Release in the below command and what options we have to replace Release.
path\to\MSBuild.exe "path\to\SolutionName.sln /p:Configuration=Release /t:Clean;Build

I am using below command but it throws error (The specified solution configuration "new | x86" is inavlid)
MSBuild.exe "C:\\Workshop.sln" /p:Configuration=new /t:Clean,Build

If possible,please provide example. Thank you so much.

Stub

Re: What is the meaning of Configuration in command line while generating a build.

Post by Stub » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:51 am

Configuration is likely to be "Debug" or "Release" and the options depend on the defined configurations found in the solution file. Since we're likely referring to Ranorex you can see the options by invoking Properties on one of your test projects and you'll find the Configuration choices under the Application tab.

kumprave5

Re: What is the meaning of Configuration in command line while generating a build.

Post by kumprave5 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:42 pm

Thank you so much for the response. Actually, I am new to Ranorex so, if possible can you show me any example referring to your words "invoking properties" and "you'll find the Configuration choices under the Application tab." That will be great help.

RobinHood42

Post by RobinHood42 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:14 am

Hi,

I assume the project properties are meant.

ProjectProperties.png
Cheers,
Robin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.