Where to find RanorexNet.dll

Class library usage, coding and language questions.
pshong

Where to find RanorexNet.dll

Post by pshong » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:23 am

I'm trying to reference the RanorexNet.dll from VisualStudio 2015 but I can seem to find it. I'd like to be able to use some of the Find methods like FindTextbox(string). I'm on Ranorex v5.4.4.

I thought it would be in my Ranorex/bin or my /bin/Net40 folder but I don't see it. Any help?

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Where to find RanorexNet.dll

Post by Support Team » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:02 pm

I guess you are referring to some very old documentation, since RanorexNet.dll was only available with Ranorex 1.X versions. As of version 2.0, there is no such DLL in Ranorex anymore.

Please, see the following topic in the user guide on how to use the Ranorex API in Visual Studio:
http://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gui ... ation.html

Regards,
Alex
Ranorex Team

pshong

Post by pshong » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:25 pm

Thanks Alex. But what I'm really looking for is the FindTextbox() and other Find....() methods. I am not seeing them show up.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:03 am

These methods only existed in Ranorex 1.X, there is no 1:1 substitute in Ranorex 2.X and higher, because those specialized methods proved not flexible enough.

The "new" (established for 6 years now) way is using the "FindSingle" and "Find" methods with a RanoreXPath that describes what to search for. I suggest reading the Ranorex user guide, especially the chapter on RanoreXPath:
http://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gui ... xpath.html

Regards,
Alex
Ranorex Team