Whether the objects are being recorded by cordinates

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
jsingh23

Whether the objects are being recorded by cordinates

Post by jsingh23 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:25 pm

Start the ranorex studio.
Create a new solution for Ranorex Windows Application in C#.
Now add a new recording and start Recording e.g Recording1.rxrec.
Now press the record button to record ( Go to Start-> All programs-> Accessories-> Calculator.
Now Press the Stop Button.

Now open the MainForm.cs file and add a line Recording1.start() to the end of MainForm() function.

Observation:-
Now if i run this test it will work as expected.
Now open the Recording1.cs file and comment the line repo.FormStart_Menu.ButtonAll_Programs.click().
Now If i run the test, it will go to start button and then it will click on any object in the start menu situated at those cordinates where Accesories tree is there.

So i want to ask whether Ranorex is recording based on cordinates (Because it should not click on any object if we commented the Recording of "All Programs" Button).

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Whether the objects are being recorded by cordinates

Post by Support Team » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:09 pm

Hi,

no, Ranorex does not record coordinate based, as you can see in Spy, or in your recordings code.
In your special case the adapter you want to perform a click operation is set to visible, but, as you can see, it is not. That means the problem in this scenario occurs, thus the right information - that this adapter is not visible - is not provided correctly to Ranorex. The adapter is visible with the postiotion of its last appearance instead.

Regards,
Tobias
Support Team